6 Responses to “Here’s a mystery…”

1. Kate October 1, 2005 at 12:22 PM #

I had the same experience you did. But I actually bought one of Magic Carpet’s books at a local store–an anthology.
    I wasn’t impressed**, but because I live in CT, I thought I’d try to find out more. Nothing. I googled the authors, the publisher. Nothing.
    ___

**and I only paid $1 for the book. I’d say more, but as a writer I live in a big ol’ glass house.

2. Cheyenne McCray October 1, 2005 at 6:12 PM #

I’ve never heard of them. Wild that they’d have so many at your BD and only 2 EC books. Hopefully that will change and there’ll be shelves full like at Borders and Waldenbooks!

3. jay October 2, 2005 at 12:04 AM #

The same thing happened in my B. Dalton. Except I dont remember seeing any Ellora’s Cave titles, only one or two Magic Carpet. I also went home to see if I could google around and find more out about them and only found the same stuff you found. I had hoped they might be a ebook publisher that started printing, but it seems not. Of course I cant remember the book I picked up now, but it sounded interesting. Not trade size price interesting mind you, but I probably would have bought it in ebook given the chance.

4. KarenS October 2, 2005 at 4:06 PM #

Can’t say I’ve heard of them myself. So… are the books erotica or erotic romance?

5. Kate October 2, 2005 at 4:39 PM #

The ones I read were mostly romance with erotic stuff thrown in. I wish I could find the book I bought but I think it’s gone.

6. Ellen Fisher October 5, 2005 at 7:11 PM #

I read somewhere that Magic Carpet has an exclusive with Barnes and Noble (of which B. Dalton is a subsidiary). Hence, they are being carried in large quantities there, whereas their stock of EC books are still quite limited. As far as I know, NCP doesn’t yet have an agreement with B&N, so you won’t see our books there unless there’s a local author (my local stores did agree to stock my NCP books).