12 Responses to “I held out as long as I could…”

1. KarenS October 3, 2005 at 7:23 PM #

I tried to resist the word verification thingy too, but after receiving just two spams, I lost my patience *g*

It wouldn’t be so bad if the letters weren’t so bloody unreadable dammit! (Like the one below that I will now attempt to decipher, crap!)

2. Erin The Innocent October 3, 2005 at 9:08 PM #

I was so tempted to ‘sing’ the words to the Spam song (Monty Python) LOL

3. Sam October 4, 2005 at 3:58 AM #

Erin and I think alike, lol.
    I had the word to that song in my head!
    Just to let you know that these little letters are hell on us dyslexics, lol.

4. Michele October 4, 2005 at 7:58 AM #

I hear you. Lots of blogs in the past month have been hit. It’s like watching an engine revving.

I play a little game. I’m waiting to see if any of the random letters spell any real words.
    I almost had a “naughty word”, that was fun.
    So far, the only one is “tea”.
    I’m keeping tabs. Might as well have fun with it!!!!!

5. Jaci Burton October 4, 2005 at 8:00 AM #

If you’d like, I’ll spam you, honey, so you won’t miss it *g*

6. Highlandgal October 4, 2005 at 10:04 AM #

Count me as another one who was prepared to serenade you with the “spam” song. Yes, I am fully programmed by pop culture influences. It’s almost Pavlovian.

7. Cheyenne McCray October 4, 2005 at 11:57 AM #

A gal’s gotta do what a gal’s gotta do. Spammer’s suck. Sometimes I wonder what else they do in life? Are they just some punks that get joy out of bothering people. Seriously. If anyone answered the posts, wouldn’t that mean you could track them down?

Anyway, welcome to the word verification club! 🙂

8. Cheyenne McCray October 4, 2005 at 11:58 AM #

P.S. Where’s my picture with you all and the cover of King of Hearts? *g*

9. Melani Blazer October 4, 2005 at 1:33 PM #

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

okay, that wasn’t very nice, was it? 😛

I think I’m right behind you. Now I’ve got spammers hitting old comments, so I get to play hunt and delete. Bahstahds.

10. Jen October 4, 2005 at 10:26 PM #

LOL I gave in too.

11. Daisy Dexter Dobbs October 8, 2005 at 1:04 AM #

I have a friend who’s a relatively new blogger without a lot of comments. She’s valiantly resisting word verification because the spammers are so “friendly” and make her feel like at least somebody is reading what she posts. LOL

As dopey as their chummy spam comments are, there must be plenty of people clicking through on their links because those sappy spam postings just keep increasing.

12. Jamie October 8, 2005 at 10:32 PM #

Wow, looks like you have gotten tons of comments just by turning on the word verification thing lol.