9 Responses to “Loving me some fantasy…”

1. Dana September 22, 2006 at 7:54 PM #

I’m pretty sure that On Fire’s Wings is the first book in the series but I haven’t read it yet.

I love fantasy romance. It was pretty much all I read before I got into regular romance. Here are some of my favorites:

anything by Robin McKinley
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
    War for the Oaks by Emma Bull
    Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling (m/m romance)
    The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle
    The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
    The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee (sci-fi)
    Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn

A lot of these books are YA. Some of the best romantic fantasy can be found in that section.

2. Angie September 22, 2006 at 8:00 PM #

Aha! You’re right, Dana. It is the first book. I was looking at release dates and saw On Fire’s Wings had a later release date, but it turns out, when I was looking at the Harlequin site, it was the mass market version I was looking at. When I looked at Amazon, after your comment, the trade version was published in 2004. In Stone’s Clasp in 2005. Oh good, I was just upstairs trying to figure out what to read next and had no luck, so now I can read On Fire’s Wings.

And thanks for the recommendations. I don’t mind reading YA, but I’m really not familiar with the offerings, so I tend to get overwhelmed looking in that section and I don’t choose anything.

3. Erin the Innocent September 22, 2006 at 9:28 PM #

On Fire’s Wings is the first book in the series. In Stone’s Clasp is the second book. You can safely read the book you have without worrying about reading out of order *s*

4. you know who September 23, 2006 at 11:18 AM #

I’m just glad you’re reading one of the 300+ books on your TBR list/shelf/bookcase/floor/drawer….ect.

:exactly:

5. May September 23, 2006 at 11:38 AM #

I’ve Cast In Shadow on my TBR pile.

I recommend Sara Douglass’s Hades’ Daughter (first of the Troy Game series) and Alma Alexander’s The Secrets of Jin-Shei.

6. Patrice September 23, 2006 at 12:48 PM #

I reccommend Divine Fire by Melanie Jackson. I got hooked on her paranormal series that had Goblins and Fae set in a semi-contemp/futuristic world and really enjoyed them. Divine Fire uses historical figure of Lord Byron as the hero but it’s a contemp setting. Ms Jackson weaves a fantastic story. I think I have the new one Divine Madness in my TBR pile but haven’t looked at it yet. The blurb sounds a bit darker but then again so did some of her others and I liked them.

Has anyone else noticed that when you do a search for Fantasy Romance a lot of what I consider paranormals come up, too?

Patrice

7. ag September 24, 2006 at 9:43 AM #

Oh, my other fave genre … I’ve been aimign to get Posion Study, so now it looks the sequel is another rec. Thanks, Angie.

8. Marty September 25, 2006 at 4:58 PM #

I loved The Smoke Thief and now on the 26th Dream Thief is releasing. Of course in hard cover! :cheer:

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Dear Author.Com | Winner of the Ebook Weekly Contest for September 17 - September 23, 2006

[...] The winner of the last week’s ebook contest was Rocky. Please email me with your address so I can get you the copy of the much loved Nalini Singh’s Slave to Sensation. [...]