That’s right!! Samhain Publishing got the email today. We’ve been given RWA recognition. Just a year after we first started releasing books, we’re joining the ranks of recognized epublishers. Crissy called me right after receiving the email and I’ve been waiting for her to post to the Business group so I could tell everyone!! I am so pumped and excited even though we were fairly confident in our success, since multiple books qualified us for recognition and we made sure our paperwork was in order. Congratulations to all the authors and staff who made this happen. Here’s to the next big thing!
There is nothing worse than writing a bio. And writing one for your blog sidebar? Blech. Maybe you landed here via Google, followed me from Twitter (does that make you a stalker?) or maybe we met at a conference or you clicked a link from a comment I made at a blog you visited. Hopefully whatever I said didn't make you so mad you came looking for a picture to throw darts at (yep, that's me up above, in my favorite cowboy hat) but instead drove you to find out more about the amazingly witty and intelligent person behind the amazingly witty and intelligent comment.
However you found me, who you found is Angela James, executive editor of Carina Press, Harlequin's new digital-first press. I'm passionate about digital publishing, my mission is to drag people to the digital dark side, one reader (and author) at a time. I'm also Brianna's mommy. At my blog you'll get an odd mix of personal and professional posts about parenting, publishing, books, cooking, sewing and life in general. Come back often, comment frequently and go green—buy ebooks!
Please note that this is my personal blog and my opinions are neither that of Harlequin, nor representative of their opinions.
Find Me Here
- No but this is airline/plane type I usually use! @kinseyholley @angelajames I'm assuming you weren't on this flight? http://t.co/l6Zg4Mr91k ~ 8 hours ago
- Just got home from NJ. Thank you @NJRomanceWriter for hosting me for a day of Before You Hit Send! ~ 9 hours ago
- That Star Spangled Banner rendition before #NASCAR@race was painfully awful & drawn out. ~ 9 hours ago
- Thanks for all the lovely tweets about Josh's job. I'm sure it will all work out! ~ 1 day ago
- No one faint: I only brought two pair of shoes for my overnight trip. Only two! ~ 1 day ago
- Urlaub in Südtirol:
"Good to be careful"
- Lindsay Kiernan:
"Good to be careful, especially at large events. My Blog"
- Anna M. Lee:
"Great advice, got to remember this when I got to my next conference!"
"I don’t travel much, but waiting for your self-editing tips. Best wishes with your new newsletter."
- Blythe Gifford:
"Let me reiterate the point about knowing where the exits/fire stairs are. If there is smoke in the..."