13 Responses to “Thirteen random things (about me)”

1. Annie June 21, 2007 at 11:32 AM #

That’s an awesome list, Angie! Some really interesting facts about you.
    RE: the nose piercing. I have mine done. The hole isn’t very big at all and apparently the nose regenerates skin very quickly. I think if you were to have it done and then took it out, you wouldn’t have much of a scar at all.

And I also have a tattoo but want more done. (Have a Cat in the Hat on my lower back and want one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish swimming in a circle around him.) If you need a tattoo buddy, give me a poke πŸ˜€

2. Angie June 21, 2007 at 11:37 AM #

Oh, I might do that, Annie. My husband doesn’t like needles so I couldn’t take him, lol. Where did you go for your tats? I’ve had a couple of recommendations for piercing, so now that you’ve told me that about the nose, I’ll probably go do it one day soon. Maybe before RWA πŸ™‚

3. Annie June 21, 2007 at 12:10 PM #

My tat I got in Richmond, VA as it was a whim with a friend who had that as one thing she wanted to do before getting married (and had just gotten engaged). But I have several friends here who have loads of art and I could easily get some good recommendations for a good tattooist.

If you get your nose pierced, see if the place sells H2Ocean. It’s awesome for piercings and helps it to heal in half the time.

4. Shiloh June 21, 2007 at 12:13 PM #

you couldn’t pay me enough to get my nose pierced. My earlobes and that’s it. No more.

I’m not afraid of needles but there are some places that needles just don’t need to be. For me, at least.

Some you’ve got more interesting random things I did.

5. Michelle June 21, 2007 at 12:50 PM #

I liked this TT. We’ve miss you! LOL

I have a tat on the back of my right hip. It’s a Tibetan Buddhist Endless Love KNot (or something like that) and I have my dh’s and two older kids’ first initial. Now that I have #3 I need to add his but it’s just such a tiny thing to have done. Just a “J” please Mr. Tatoo artist about as big as this is good. :wiggle:

6. Kate Scott June 21, 2007 at 12:52 PM #

I have way too many allergies to get my nose pierced. I shudder at the thought of springtime with a nose piercing.

And I have a tat on my lower back. I got the basic idea from a Claire’s fake tattoo, if you can believe that. It was a basic sun/moon combination, and I drew the rest of the tat to make it “mine”. I love it. Though I don’t see it often. πŸ˜›

7. Christine d'Abo June 21, 2007 at 2:04 PM #

Great list! I’ve always wanted to get a tatoo, but am too much of a chicken. I’ll have to break out of my shell someday. :chicken:

8. Ciar Cullen June 21, 2007 at 2:32 PM #

Oooh, I get mad at people who can smoke like that. I’m a lifetime addict, clean for 4 years.

I’m sorry about your boyfriend. That makes me sad.

9. Ember June 21, 2007 at 3:55 PM #

The tat sounds pretty.
    Spinal meningitis – ouch. Glad you didn’t die (duh). Did your parents ever leave you at the grandparents again?

10. Angie June 21, 2007 at 4:02 PM #

lol, good question. yes, they did. I spent a good portion of each of my summers on the farm, actually. I loved it there.

11. Angeleque June 21, 2007 at 4:37 PM #

Wow. Didn’t realize I wasn’t the only random smoker. I can’t explain it either.

And completely understand about the random stranger’s life story – happens all the time – gas stations, check outs, banks lines

12. Ann June 21, 2007 at 11:23 PM #

I was never a Girl Scout, but when I was in 4th and 5th grade I went to Sea Camp in the Florida keys, we got to take a hike through a mangrove swamp. I sympathize totally about the poison ivy, my last outbreak was so bad (on my forearm) my hand went numb. :exactly:

13. Sunny Lyn June 22, 2007 at 9:25 AM #

:popcorn: a good read, Angie – but ugh on the poison ivy and wah on the boyfriend. Amazing…the things that shape us.

Love the idea of two beta fish playing, swimming (as a tat’) – blame Annie’s marvelous response. Wondering how you felt about frogs/princes to go with your lotus tat’ – lol.

Then there’s putting the lotus into a vase with fish swimming around it. Woman kidnapped and tattooed against her knowledge, much less her will. I think you’ve started the wheels spinning on a new book – ROFL.