10 Responses to “Today I’ve…”

1. Annie June 27, 2007 at 1:22 PM #

Wow, Angie! Talk about productive!!! Can you bottle some of that up and send it to me? I just can’t seem to keep myself at task today.

And just because I’m a Diana fan, I say splurge for the ebook πŸ™‚

And I have that gift card to spend that I won in your left behind contest. And there’s a easily a couple dozen books I’m dying to buy… I can’t seem to decide!

2. Amelia June 27, 2007 at 1:31 PM #

A fellow Arizonan! Glad I’m not the only one suffering (unless you live in Flag, in which case :P) I hope to be at the same conference next year.

I went for the new Jacqueline Carey at Amazon, myself. Well and preordered Harry Potter, because I’m a dork like that.

3. Jane June 27, 2007 at 2:52 PM #

Take Sunny’s book off your list. She’s a Merry Gentry copycat.

4. Angie June 27, 2007 at 3:12 PM #

So I guess she doesn’t do it better?

5. Jana J. Hanson June 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM #

Soul Song by Marjorie M. Liu is very good. I hadn’t read any of the previous Dirk & Steele series books, but that’s not necessary for Soul Song.

6. Angie June 27, 2007 at 3:35 PM #

Thanks, I actually own it! I got it from Dorchester, I think I’m on some promo list for her, some marketing thing they do. I need to get on a few more of those πŸ˜‰

And I have read the first two in the series. I liked Tiger Eye, didn’t like the second too much and that’s why I didn’t read others. I’ve heard great things about Soul Song though.

7. Lesley Speller June 27, 2007 at 4:10 PM #

*Stares in shock and horror at that article* Now I’m definitely wondering why I read it!!!

I’m totally impressed with your Inbox clean out! I thought my cleaning out my 20 messages was an accomplishment.

8. BevL(QB) June 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM #

Dammit, Angie, that article broke my heart! How horrifying!

BTW, yes Sunny rips off LKH’s Merry Gentry AND Anne Bishop’s Black Jewels Trilogy. One of the few times I’ve gotten a bit nasty in a book commentary
    . Perversely though, they’re really good books.

Congrats on the to-do list clean-up. I know how freakin’ good it feels when I actually accomplish it myself.

9. Angie June 27, 2007 at 5:40 PM #

That’s really interesting, Bev. I love Anne Bishop’s work. I’m actually reading Sebastian right now (need to update my sidebar) but I think the Black Jewels trilogy is great.

I think I actually own at least the first Mona Lisa book. But it’s startling to hear an author (Anne Bishop) actually say she thought the plagiarism was enough to have a lawyer look into it. Wow. Now I’m tempted to read the Black Jewels trilogy again (it’s been years) and then read this one to see what I think πŸ˜‰

10. Lynne June 27, 2007 at 10:01 PM #

When I first read the Black Jewels trilogy, I liked them well enough to get through them, but at the same time, they really got on my nerves. I guess we can chalk it up to playing too much D&D and reading a lot of fanfic. Back in the day, I could read about a Mary Sue or Marty Stu without turning a hair, but not anymore. πŸ™‚

Of all her books, I can still enjoy The Invisible Ring because the heroine isn’t the most powerful witch EVAR (whereas with Jaenelle we were told this at least once a chapter, it seemed) and the hero is only a Red-jeweled warlord, not a Black-jeweled ΓΌber-Goth warlord prince like Daemon.