16 Responses to “Thirteen things that happened in the past week…”

1. Michelle Cary July 19, 2007 at 8:55 AM #

Glad to know he’s okay and I soooo agree with you about the cable company. Let’s see what happened to me this week? My dh had a friend that he hasn’t seen in years show up on our door step and announce he’s now a neighbor. Ugh! I don’t like the guy. We found out another friend is in the hospital with colon cancer. My son and niece nearly got into a fist fight over a chess game. (Don’t ask!) And I got summoned for jury duty and my boss wont get me out of it, but won’t pay me for going either. I can use a vacation day or sick day if I want paid. :disagree: So now I’ll have to drive into Camden (NJ) Murder capital of the nation and sit around for 8 hours while I try to come up with excuses to keep me from getting picked as a jurror. Grrr….

2. Charlene Teglia July 19, 2007 at 9:15 AM #

OMG. Glad Josh is okay. My week? Writing, teething toddler, cat yack, laundry. And a Fantasm Award, woot.

3. Rosie July 19, 2007 at 9:46 AM #

Gosh Angie I gasped by the time I got to 13. That’s terrible. I hope Josh is okay and there’s no more trouble with the employee. Scary that.

As for the cable company. We have an inordinate amount of construction right now in our area which my cable company insists has NO affect on the service going out 20 times a day. Of course it didn’t happen before the construction so I guess it’s just a happy coincidence.

4. Lesley Speller July 19, 2007 at 11:21 AM #

OMG! Poor Josh! What an absolutely awful week for him! First you leave him with the baby (in his own mind) and then he gets attacked!

As for the cab driver in Dallas… I am relatively certain everyone there drives that way or at least a good number of them. At least that was my impression, the few times I’ve been there. It’s like taking your life in your own hands to get on the road.

I hear that Nora Roberts was at RWA. Did you see her? 😉

5. Angie July 19, 2007 at 11:25 AM #

I hear that Nora Roberts was at RWA. Did you see her? 😉

:wiggle: clever, lolol

6. Michelle July 19, 2007 at 11:44 AM #

No TT for me this week because my week sounds only slightly better than yours. Just wanted to say that I hope Josh (great name btw, that is my baby’s name) is feeling better and good for him for pressing charges.

7. Kate Davies July 19, 2007 at 1:14 PM #

Oh.
    My.
    Gawd.

I was going to make a comment about Josh’s fever-induced paranoia, but after reading #13 I just couldn’t. Glad he’s okay, but how scary!

My week? I got back from Disneyland, so it’s been one long round of laundry, catching up on e-mail, laundry, revisions, and, well, more laundry.

Oh, and I’m not really here. I’m working on my ms. Honestly.

*backing away from the internet slowly…*

8. Larissa Ione July 19, 2007 at 1:19 PM #

Glad Josh is okay!!!! 🙁

And darn you for teasing me with Caressed By Ice! I just read Slave to Sensation and loved it, and am afraid to read Visions of Heat because I don’t have Caressed By Ice to follow it up! Can’t wait until September!

9. Angie July 19, 2007 at 1:36 PM #

I told Nalini this in person so I don’t feel bad saying it here. I loved Slave to Sensation, I thought Visions was good but it didn’t strike the same chord with me that Slave did. But Caressed is just as awesome as Slave to Sensation was. She had a brand new story in the same world and she did a great job of leaving me wondering how she was going to get them their HEA!

10. Erin the Innocent July 19, 2007 at 2:17 PM #

OY! What a crazy week! I’m glad Josh is okay.

11. Jennifer Elbaum July 19, 2007 at 3:51 PM #

What a rollercoaster week you had!

Why didn’t you include: “I spent endless hours discussing the RWA changes…”?

12. Christine d'Abo July 19, 2007 at 9:24 PM #

Ouch on the broken BlackBerry. It must have fallen at just the right angle, because I drop mine all the time. I actually do it for a demo in my training class to show how tough they are.

And meeting the Nora would be 1-13 on my list. :hips:

13. Ann July 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM #

What a week! Glad Josh is okay. Loved the pictures, did you get a chance to meet Nora? I wrote, and worked, and saw Harry Potter (I thought it was an awesome movie- the book is still much better, but the movie was great). I also found out you will be down here in my neck of the woods in the fall. :cheer:

14. Joely July 19, 2007 at 11:10 PM #

Meeting Nora definitely warrants several mentions!

15. Minx Malone July 22, 2007 at 10:41 PM #

I just have to ask if the cab you took was a Yellow Shuttle cab because my sis and I also had a psychotic cab driver Friday night who took us all around Dallas, narrowly missed hitting another cab and then couldn’t find the hotel and wanted to drop us off in the middle of nowhere. Once we FINALLY made it back to the hotel, we called and reported him to the manager at the Yellow Shuttle. Apparently he’d gotten a speeding ticket already that night…

Minx

16. Naughty Nikki July 24, 2007 at 10:31 PM #

You know, I met you at Nationals, and even if Samhain does reject me, I’ll still think you’re cool and funny as hell. – No, I’m not kissing up. I honestly don’t take passes on my work personally.

Your blog is awesome. Wish I’d known about it sooner. I just heard about it tonight.