7 Responses to “A history lesson…”

1. Christine d'Abo July 27, 2007 at 7:35 AM #

Thanks for posting this, Angie. It’s great to hear how people drift into the careers they have. I know there are many authors out there who are thrilled you are where you are today. :hips:

Bree is my EC editor – I just love her. :heart:

2. Charlene Teglia July 27, 2007 at 7:59 AM #

Thanks for sharing this, Angie. I hear you on the pile o’ books without the time to read as much as you’d like…you should see the towering piles on my bedside table. But I love what I do, too. I just need to find a way to take reading vacations. :giggle:

3. Maria S. July 27, 2007 at 9:22 AM #

Thanks for this post, Angie. I, too, am and always have been an avid reader, reading above the average, etc. I decided this year, after also discovering e-books, that this would be my year to get into publishing. it’s what i have always wanted to do, but after getting married i realized that i didn’t want to relocate to NY or Chicago. And ebooks really opened the door to me– one day i hope to be doing what you are doing, *Sigh* from my own home, not having to tackle subways or el-trains!!!! it’s been hard though, since applying for a position is so pass/fail. you can’t make an impression on the employer just by interviewing with them. oh well. i’ve applied to three publishers so far and got turned down twice but now i have a job proofing with one and i am sooo excited. Thanks again for you r encouragement and sort of “how-to” in the business. it’s made me feel like i am on the right track! 😎

4. you know who July 27, 2007 at 1:06 PM #

I’ve always been behind you cutie! :cheer:

5. Jaci Burton July 27, 2007 at 1:17 PM #

I’ve always thought you rocked. But you know that. :heart:

6. Mad July 27, 2007 at 7:36 PM #

Great post! Around the time I got pregnant with the little diva, I stopped reading. I didn’t ease into the “not reading” part, I did it cold turkey. One day I was reading, buying books as fast as I could get my hands on them, adding more to my TBB list and then all of a sudden it all stopped. There was a time, during that pregnancy, that I was looking into getting rid of every single book in the TBR. I just didn’t want them anymore and seeing the bins and boxes full of books just freaked me out for some reason…I’m sure I drove my sisters crazy during that time, telling them I wanted to divide my TBR between them and they each said to stop being crazy. LOL They said I’d regret it after I had the baby and the day would come when I’d want to read again. It took me a while but I got back into reading again and the TBR is as huge as ever. 🙂

7. Mechele Armstrong July 29, 2007 at 7:32 AM #

What a great story. It’s neat to hear how people drift into their careers. *rins* I think you’ll be in editing for a long time. A very good thing.

I understand what you are saying, too. I’m an avid reader. But writing takes up so much of my time, it’s hard to find time to read. I love both, so it’s a juggle.