10 Responses to “Randomness”

1. Ember August 13, 2007 at 11:24 AM #

Aww, hope she’s feeling better soon. :doglick:

You’re much more ambitious than I am with the fitted sheets. Neither of my kids thinks that they’re necessary, since I didn’t even try to introduce them until they were in full sized beds. ‘Course that does lighten the laundry load :arsed:

2. Jody W. August 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM #

I made my girls pillow case dresses last week. However, I love the idea of top sheets for when #2 switches to the toddler bed!

3. Angie August 13, 2007 at 11:57 AM #

that’s the link to the tutorial if anyone is interested.

Jody, I’ve been thinking about pillowcase dresses! And the flat sheets were very easy. For a toddler bed 1 3/4 yards of a light flannel fabric is perfect. If you have a Walmart, they usually have various light flannel on the $1 table, so you can make the sheet for under $2 and the cost of thread. I ironed the hems down with a hot steam iron, and didn’t have to pin them before I sewed them, that way. Easy as can be.

4. Angie August 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM #

Ember, Brianna doesn’t even use a blanket so I was kind of hoping some cute flat sheets would convince her to sleep with something, anything, lol.

5. Jana J. Hanson August 13, 2007 at 12:47 PM #

My son rolled out of his twin bed twice the night we put it up. He LOVES that bed!

He too refuses to cover up with sheets or blankets. When we go on trips, he sleeps in the floor on a blanket and 2 pillows because he’s a kicker and a squirmer.

I hope Brianna feels better soon!!

6. Jane August 13, 2007 at 1:00 PM #

Pictures. We need pictures. BTW – if you take up sewing more for Brianna on a regular basis, may I suggest the (I think its Dutch) magazine: Ottobre Designs?

7. you know who August 13, 2007 at 1:09 PM #

How was MY weekend….that’s a loaded question!

8. Laura August 13, 2007 at 3:40 PM #

Keep up those sewing skills! Brianna will have the best Halloween costumes on the block.

9. Lesley August 13, 2007 at 3:54 PM #

I second Jane’s request for pictures! The ones in the tutorial are addddddorable! And I have tons of old shirts that I never wear. Hmm…I guess I should have a girl first though. I don’t think my son would appreciate a dress.

He won’t have a thing to do with blankets either. He gets so angry if I try to cover him up at night and kicks up a storm.

10. Kate Davies August 14, 2007 at 2:31 AM #

:hug:
    Hugs on the falling-out-of-bed incident.
    When our eldest was two, we moved her into a toddler bed. Sure enough, first weekend, we heard a ceiling-rattling THUD upstairs. We both ran hell-bent-for-leather up there, only to find her on the floor, next to the bed, fast asleep. She didn’t even wake up after falling out.

We were obviously more traumatized by it than she was. LOL!