10 Responses to “Any quilters out there?”

1. Melissa September 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM #

Sure, I quilt. I am a non-traditional quilter, so I really don’t follow the rules.

If you are interested in getting into it, you can go to a local quilt shop and check out their class list. There may be a beginner class that you like. Taking a class is always a good place to start.

2. Anne Douglas September 7, 2007 at 3:59 PM #

I don’t quilt, I do the kids clothes instead, but I’m going to tempt you even further with

She’s one creative lady and a wonderful photographer, and you’ll probably drool over her fabrics too πŸ™‚

3. Jessica D. Russell September 7, 2007 at 4:54 PM #

Yes I quilt. I’ve taken classes and have picked up hundreds of time-saving tips. When I get home from work I’ll email you some of my photos, including the very first quilts I ever made.

It’s nothing to be intimidated by.

4. Angie September 7, 2007 at 5:23 PM #

Actually, Anne, Jane has already beat you to the Heather Bailey punch, lol. Heather’s blog intimidates me, she’s incredibly talented!

I also love her fabrics. I want to buy a bunch of these talented women’s fabrics and just roll around in them. It must be so cool to design your own fabrics and have people lust after them!

5. tvaddictgurl September 7, 2007 at 6:18 PM #

I’m a quilter. I took it up about 10 years ago. I’m not sure I had even used a sewing machine before I started quilting. I just bought some books, read the directions, and started cutting fabric.

I totally understand the whole falling in love with fabric thing. I often buy fabrics without having any reason or project for it. I just see it and HAVE to have it.

When I moved last year I think half of my boxes were labeled either books or fabric/quilting supplies.

6. Jaci Burton September 7, 2007 at 6:27 PM #

I do not quilt. But I adore homemade quilts, and since you love me you want to make a quilt and give me one for xmas. Or my birthday. Or my next book release.

Now if that isn’t incentive…..

:giggle:

7. Christine d'Abo September 7, 2007 at 8:44 PM #

I’ve done quilting, but not for a while. I agree with Melissa, if you are interested check out one of your local fabric stores for a quilting class. Not that it’s hard, but you’ll pick up some easy tips that will save you lots of time once you get going. πŸ™‚

8. Diane M. September 7, 2007 at 9:54 PM #

Taking a class is a great way to see if you want to do a quilt. The easiest design for a beginner is a Trip Around the World quilt.

9. Jody W. September 8, 2007 at 9:34 PM #

I don’t machine quilt. My machine is tres small and dinky. I don’t hand quilt. Because…hard! My mom’s sister “quilted” an easier way — attaching the quilt top to a regular blanket by poking yarn through the two fabrics and making knots instead of quilting the top to the bottom all over. I’m sure there’s a name for that style but I barely manage pillow case dresses :).

10. Melani Blazer September 11, 2007 at 1:26 PM #

I’ve made a few quilts, tho’ I’m sure I did most of them the “non-traditional” way. I’ve got a gorgeous quilt top done that I’d love to finish and put on my bed. Maybe I’ll pull it out and see if I can’t talk my daughter into helping.

If you’re loving the purse making this much, you’ll love quilting!

A fabric store can be as addicting and as dangerous to the wallet as a bookstore. :jump: