11 Responses to “I have had it with Comcast”

1. Marianne September 25, 2007 at 2:28 PM #

OMG… I just did the same thing. We switched from Comcast to DirectTV last year and LOVE IT. It’s cheaper and we get more channels. Last week I couldn’t access my website… long story, but suffice it to say it was Comcast’s fault. I complained bitterly about it on my blog, and switched my phone and internet to Verizon. I’m happy with all that so far.

I will NEVER go back to Comcast. I would use rabbit ears first.

2. Mandy M. Roth September 25, 2007 at 4:28 PM #

I had DISH for six years and then Shane insisted we get DIRECT tv because of the football ticket. We had them for about 3 years and I LOATHED them. We’re now back with DISH and if he tries to change us, I’ll hurt him. In a big way. :stir:

I have the Verizon for phone and net and have been very happy with them to date. Every now and then I’ll have a DSL issue and they fix it right away.

WELCOME HOME BABES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Mechele Armstrong September 25, 2007 at 4:57 PM #

We are with Verizon for cable/internet/phone and I’ve been very happy with them. I also love one bill instead of three dozen.

4. Rosie September 25, 2007 at 7:40 PM #

Your situation with Comcast sounds like mine with Charter Communications here. We are at about the same point as I’m looking to bundle with Verizon as well. My brother has DirectTV and loves it. Most of my family have Verizon phone and internet and are very happy campers. I think that’s they way I’m going to go.

5. Jessica D. Russell September 25, 2007 at 8:49 PM #

Dish was much better than Direct TV since D-TV requires you to purchase additional sports packages to watch ANY sport. They black them out in the regular packages. Dish was great, but I had some issues with them. Hidden fees, improper installation, occasionally poor customer service.

I’m with Time Warner Cable now for basic since I don’t watch as much TV anymore. It works great for us.

6. Laura September 26, 2007 at 8:42 AM #

The best option for internet and phone would be Verizon FiOS. It’s only available in certain areas and does have an installation cost, but it’s way faster than anything out there. Plus, it ups the sale price of your home. My parents had this before they moved and loved it. Trust me, my parents aren’t exactly the trendsetter type (they’re still figuring out their cell phones).

7. Laura September 26, 2007 at 8:43 AM #

Now that I think about it, Verizon FiOS does cable too.

8. Tonni September 26, 2007 at 12:23 PM #

I have Basic Comcast because here in MI we experience the same thing as you. My phone is with MCI and internet Netzero. When I move to a bigger house and better neighborhood I will be switching to DierctTV.

9. Jackie L. September 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM #

We have Comcast everything at home and haven’t had any problems in years. They sure sucked when we had no options out here in suburbia, however. That was years ago. At the office we have Quest–great for phone, but their DSL reminds me of an old 48K modem. If one other person is ping-ing on anything, no one else can access the internet. That sucks, but it’s cheap and it’s work, so only the guy supposed to be on the internet should be ping-ing. People have learned not to complain to me about internet access at work. Good luck with the switch.

10. Jenna Bayley-Burke September 26, 2007 at 4:20 PM #

My fave thing about Comcast…”Try that and then call back.” See, I have the internet phone thingee in the bundle and so if something goes wrong they can’t walk me through it because cycling the modem cuts the phone off. Yeah, they never mentioned that. And I am NOT wasting my cell minutes on those b…..ds!

My neighbors have the Verizon bundle with the FiOs and love it. They had DishNetwork, unless there was a storm, so they like the package deal much better.

11. Lesley September 28, 2007 at 7:51 PM #

We use Cox Communications and have always been happy with the service we’ve gotten. I know they just introduced a bundle with phone/internet/tv, but all we have right now is tv and internet. Our internet is remarkably fast. I love it!