11 Responses to “Merge lanes, Church of Latter Day Saints and serial killers”

1. Jaci Burton September 26, 2007 at 12:12 PM #

I swear to God, woman, you and that front door are making me a nervous wreck. Have Josh put a peephole on the door. Or as I’ve told you a hundred times before…ask WHO IS IT? before just flinging open your door to random serial killers and religious zealots. It’s not always the UPS man, ya know.

:dumbass:

2. Laura September 26, 2007 at 1:35 PM #

So what if they hear you inside? I say that doesn’t require you to go to the door. You could have left the TV on. They don’t know. If it was someone you wanted to talk to, they would have called first.

Yeah, it feels rude to ignore the doorbell, especially when they know you are home, but it’s akin to hanging up on telemarketers. You do it a few times and you’re okay with it.

I’ll answer the door for kids and buy candy bars and girl scout cookies. Everyone else is out of luck.

3. Elle September 26, 2007 at 7:36 PM #

I read this sentence that you posted too fast. This is how I read it…Yesterday I was on the phone with Jesus knocked on the door. LOL.

4. Erin September 26, 2007 at 8:16 PM #

Amen, Sister re: the merge lane FREAKS. That is one of my biggest driving pet peeves (I have a whole list, lol).

And, remind me one day to tell you the story about how my mom, my brother, and I HID from the people knocking on our door to “talk about Jesus.” It was quite comical.

I’m sure they’re all very nice people and I get that they’re trying to deliver a message… a good message even. But, really, if I want to talk about Jesus, I know where the nearest church is… Thank you very much.

5. Michelle September 26, 2007 at 9:07 PM #

I’m the same as you about wondering whether these people might be a “cover” for some kind of homicidal maniacs. In our case it is usually JW’s – one time, when we lived in a house that was on sheltered 3-acre land, these guys actually hiked up the driveway on private property to knock at my door. I found it a little strange that they just arrived at my door like that (we had a long circular drive, if a car came up there was only one way to go and you noticed them). I talked to them through the glass door and held my 100 lb dog back. He looked like a Wookie. His name was Chewie. I think they got the message. They never came back! 😀

6. Cara September 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM #

Amen on the merging! I am totally with you on that one. It makes me wish I had a remote control that would incapacitate people’s cars if they aren’t capable of actually driving them properly. Wouldn’t that be cool?

7. Mandy M. Roth September 27, 2007 at 7:27 AM #

If I don’t want to answer the door, I don’t. I just yell “I’m ignoring you”. The sign I put up on the door has really cut down on the number of people knocking. I think everyone should have one.

NO Soliciting…and no, I don’t want to buy your household cleaners, magazines or books. I don’t want to hear your spiel or help fund your college education… Do what I did. Get a loan.

People used to look at me shocked but now they ask me to print them one too.

8. Christine d'Abo September 27, 2007 at 8:20 AM #

Not going to beat a dead horse here…but get a peep hole…

Silly goose.

9. Jody W. September 27, 2007 at 11:14 AM #

If anybody tries to get in my house, I tell them how uncomfortable it makes me that strangers are trying to get into my house for any reason. They usually back off pretty quickly after that and many have had the grace to apologize about ten times while backing off.

10. Terri September 27, 2007 at 4:50 PM #

I just don’t answer the door. Let them knock all they want. Could always be someone left the TV on.

11. Nalini September 27, 2007 at 5:26 PM #

They asked to come in? Creepy.