8 Responses to “Jehovah, Christmas and quilts”

1. Nicole September 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM #

Hmm….crafty…well, I DID make a purse from that one post you had. And framed some anime posters so now my bedroom has a certain geek chic charm to it.

But thanks really for that purse post, I really like mine. I did add a closure to mine after that picture, but the rest is the same.

2. tvaddictgurl September 28, 2007 at 12:20 AM #

The Yellow Brick Road quilt pattern is a nice quick one to do. I’ve made several of those. I like that one especially if I’m working with a particular theme (getting ready to make one with all coffee prints) or with variations of one color (made one all in shades of purple).

3. Laura September 28, 2007 at 7:47 AM #

I made a quilt from squares before. It was easy enough but you have to keep the seams perfectly straight otherwise the squares look more like parallelograms. Choose either a quarter inch or half inch seam to avoid some squares looking smaller than others.

Halloween costumes are fun. Try making Brianna a pumpkin suit. She’d be so cute. A little orange pumpkin.

4. Elle September 28, 2007 at 10:39 AM #

A blanket and a stuffed dinosaur. My deadline is by Christmas.

5. Anna September 28, 2007 at 11:22 AM #

A baby blanket for a friend who had a baby in August. I started in May, and … got sidetracked. Well, really, I was going to crochet it. Then knit it. Then the random striped crochet ripples caught my fancy and I started that. And realized very shortly that I didn’t have enough yarn. So I bought more. And waffled on whether to frog what I had or just continue. Then something clicked 2 weeks ago and I decided to just continue. It IS supposed to be a random stripe… 🙂 It’s actually coming along really well now and it looks good!

6. Phyl September 28, 2007 at 12:53 PM #

Yea for you! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your first quilt. I always have about 3-5 projects going at once. I must be commitment-phobic. And last week my 11-year old son & I started putting together a kit we bought on vacation this summer. His first attempt at sewing. He’s doing very well so far.

7. Angeleque Ford September 28, 2007 at 10:44 PM #

I’ve been busy making soap and lotions. I have a new afghan I want to knit and a chenille throw to finish crocheting.

8. Jewell September 29, 2007 at 11:57 AM #

It’s fall, and the air is getting crisp, so soon I will pull out my crocheting.

I used to be big into afghans and stuffed animals, but for the past couple of years I’ve been hooked on doily crochet.

A while back I found a neat pattern for a block doily, and then you use single stitch to make heart patterns on the block. Now I want to use excel to make my own block pattern with different designs for different seasons.

Yeah, I’m a geek.