6 Responses to “Don’t you love Dove?”

1. Christine d'Abo October 12, 2007 at 8:10 AM #

I love these Dove campaigns. I’m already seeing it with my eight year old, and how she comments on wanting to go on a diet. And she isn’t even remotely overweight. It scares me. I don’t even think I knew the word diet until I was sixteen. It’s a challenge as a parent to have to fight against the images of what “beauty” is considered today.

I think the best one shows how they change the look of a model from a magazine shoot.

2. Jane October 12, 2007 at 8:14 AM #

That is a great commercial. I love it.

3. Kate Davies October 13, 2007 at 2:28 AM #

Can I just lock my daughters in their rooms until they’re eighteen? :chair:

I’ve actually used some of the mailers from Dove to talk about beauty and self-esteem with the girls. It’s a great starting point.

Thanks for sharing the vid, Angie!

4. Karen Scott October 13, 2007 at 4:30 AM #

Yes I do. The adverts are fab.

5. Michelle October 13, 2007 at 1:50 PM #

Not a huge fan of the products (but that’s because I make handmade soap and body products from scratch) but am a HUGE fan of this new campaign of theirs. I think it is really good. I liked the one that showed a model before they dolled her all up to look fantasy gorgeous in the photo. It showed how they are just “real” people.

6. Mandy M. Roth October 15, 2007 at 6:45 AM #

I love their products and their approach to marketing. These new ads are innovative and what I want to see. I remember looking in the mirror when I was a teenager and hating what was looking back at me because it didn’t fit the mold. I really wish more companies would take this approach that real is better.