11 Responses to “Would you feel what I mean…”

1. Dawn Montgomery November 23, 2007 at 11:45 PM #

:pirate: pssst. when you get a chance…you should probably take a peek at the newest better homes and gardens Quilts and More magazine. There’s this pattern inside for an awesome tote…AND coordinating wallet and checkbook cover…and a kid’s apron (SOOO easy…I made one for my son :cheer: )…just take a peek!!!They also have 10 free tote patterns on their site. http://tinyurl.com/36zyw9 Don’t worry about posting the comment, I just wanted to let you know!

2. Dawn Montgomery November 23, 2007 at 11:53 PM #

Well, darn. I thought the comments were on moderation. 😳

LOL. Happy holidays. I’ll be pulling out my sewing machine. *huge grin*

3. Kate Davies November 24, 2007 at 3:43 AM #

Happy Meal Toys. :chair: Multiply your HMT’s by three, and you’ve got my multi-kid household. Sigh.

For a while, I saved them up, unopened, to give to my MIL who was an elementary school principal. She’d give them out as good-behavior rewards to the students. Then she retired, and I’m buried in them again.

And congrats on an almost-perfect Black Friday shopping trip!

4. Angie November 24, 2007 at 9:38 AM #

Now I have to decide what purse to sew first.Yay! Thanks, Dawn.

5. Jackie C November 24, 2007 at 10:28 AM #

:kissie: Thanks for the clue on the totes, Dawn. I have always wondered if book publishers did as much advertising on the TV as toy manufacturers would the literacy rate in the US rise.
    Congrats on having a reader, Angie. Good job.

6. Ember November 24, 2007 at 11:00 AM #

My son had one of the monster HMT collections. Took us days to clear out his toy room when he outgrew them.

My daughter has fallen victim to my new policy – “Out of sight, out of house.” Soon as she leaves it laying somewhere for more than a day, it goes on top of the fridge. After a day or two there, it goes in the trash.

And I just had the thought – what the hell is all this doing to our landfills? Can these things be recycled? :bitch:

7. Dawn Montgomery November 24, 2007 at 11:03 AM #

LOL NP Jackie!

8. Jody W. November 24, 2007 at 12:12 PM #

I just don’t go to McD’s any more. It has cut down on the trash I find when cleaning. Unfortunately, GRANDMA does go and saves all the toys for the girls (why is G-ma getting a happy meal anyway??)

9. Michelle Cary November 25, 2007 at 10:19 AM #

You are a better woman than I when it comes to the holiday shopping experience. I stayed hidden in my home on Black Friday, putting up Christmas decorations. Though I did venture out to one of the pharmacies for medicine for my little one who has one nasty cold right now. I can’t stand Black Friday shopping. Gives me the willies! As for the HMT, yeah we have a lot of them. I clean out my daughters room about once every six months when she’s not home and toss most of them in the trash, though, believe it or not, she does still play with some of them and those I do keep! :chair:

10. Kristie November 26, 2007 at 4:30 PM #

Angie I see that you got a train for the tree from home deopt. I am looking for one for Preston and see 2 on their website.

Was it one of these?, is the quality good? Sorry the links are so long, I dunno how to shorten them.

11. Angie November 26, 2007 at 4:38 PM #

Hey Kristie πŸ™‚

It was the first one, the Santa Express, since we got it just for going under the tree. Brianna has a train table with other train stuff so we didn’t need an every day one.

But the two trains are actually exactly alike, except for how they look. The Santa Fe (your second link) is more every day.

As for quality, I haven’t pulled it out of the box yet since our tree isn’t set up, but they look really nice.

Email me (bbybookworm@gmail.com) if you’re planning on going into Home Depot to buy one and I’ll try to email you back a Lowe’s coupon for $10 off that you can use (HD accepts competitor coupons).