15 Responses to “Oliver update #2”

1. Ciar Cullen November 28, 2007 at 3:47 PM #

I’m terribly, terribly sorry. I wish I knew something smarter to say, but it’s so painful. Taking my Simon to the vet this weekend, and I have the feeling it’s the same thing starting, as I went through it before with my Top Cat. You guys…you’re in my prayers.

2. Jennifer Elbaum November 28, 2007 at 3:52 PM #

Awwww….so sorry to hear that.

((hugs))

3. Tamara November 28, 2007 at 3:57 PM #

Please keep us updated.
    We feel what you’re going through. My kitty is ten, with a heart condition, and has so far outlived the vet’s prediction. I hope the same for your kitty.
    ::hugs for you and your family::

4. DementedM November 28, 2007 at 5:05 PM #

I’m so, so sorry.

M

5. Michelle (MG) November 28, 2007 at 5:10 PM #

I’m so sorry, Angie. :hug:

6. Marianne November 28, 2007 at 5:14 PM #

I took my dog of eleven years in this morning to cross the Rainbow Bridge. I can’t tell you how sorry I am for you. It’s truly devastating to say goodbye to a fur-baby. 😥

7. Terri November 28, 2007 at 7:32 PM #

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

For you and Oliver !

8. Lesley November 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM #

I’m so sorry! *HUGS*

9. Elle November 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM #

I’m so sorry the news. I lost a pet this year and I’m familiar with the pain. Big hugs.

10. Charlene Teglia November 28, 2007 at 11:56 PM #

I’m so sorry, Angie. Big hugs for you and Oliver.

11. Shayna November 29, 2007 at 3:01 AM #

I’m so sorry to hear that!(((Hugs))) :hug:

12. Ann Klein November 29, 2007 at 9:06 AM #

I’m so sorry. =( Miracles can happen and hopefully he gets better. I know how devastating it can be to lose an animal…they become a part of your family.

13. Ann November 29, 2007 at 10:38 AM #

I’m so sorry, Angie.

14. Mechele Armstrong November 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM #

I’m so sorry to hear that.

I hope that the steroids help.

I’m thinking of you and your family.

We had a similar situation with our dog summer before last. So I understand a little of where you are.

15. Chris December 5, 2007 at 10:30 AM #

Okay, this is going to sound lame, but try adding goat milk to his food or just the warm milk straight if that’s all he’ll eat. You should be able to get it at least in powdered form if not in liquid form from either a whole foods store or a big grocery store. It’s much gentler on an animal (and human)’s stomach than cow milk and high in vitamins/minerals/calories. It’s used as an almost universal milk replacer for all species. My grandpa had stomch ulcers and he used it religiously to soothe them.

Good luck.