8 Responses to “I’m still here…”

1. Michelle Cary December 20, 2007 at 4:49 PM #

I understand the situation, but what does the submissions closing mean for us few authors now without an editor? Have we just been shut out too? Hope things work out soon. I like working with Samhain.:cry:

2. Angie December 20, 2007 at 4:54 PM #

submissions are never closed to existing authors πŸ™‚

3. Shelli Stevens December 20, 2007 at 7:49 PM #

Oh I can’t wait to hear about the changes!!

4. Jana J. Hanson December 21, 2007 at 12:28 AM #

Excellent points, Angie. It’s my own personal policy to not submit my writing to the e-publishers I work with. Seems too much like a conflict of interest in my mind.

And I will agree that editing does certainly take away from writing. Fortunately, I’ve discovered I love editing, and I’ve been lucky enough to work with some amazing writers. :boobie: Though I do plan to do some writing and editing my own work over the holidays.

Good luck with the hiring process!!!

5. Kelly Schaub December 21, 2007 at 5:16 PM #

Are editors paid actual money or a percent of sales of things they edit that become published?

6. Angie December 21, 2007 at 10:12 PM #

Well, royalties are actual money. Or at least that’s what my paycheck tells me every month πŸ˜‰

But yes, there is some flat fee payment as well, in addition to royalties.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Samhain Publishing Closed for Submissions | Dear Author: Romance Book Reviews, Author Interviews, and Commentary - December 20, 2007

[…] Samhain Publishing is closed once again for submissions but is looking for editors who don’t have an interest in writing.Β  Sounds like Samhain is growing but needs the right […]

2. Changing directions… at Nice Mommy~Evil Editor - December 27, 2007