6 Responses to “Changing directions…”

1. Nonny December 27, 2007 at 5:53 PM #

I mentioned this over at DA, but how will this affect the anthologies currently accepting submissions that have no specification for genre, like the psychic powers anthology?

I ask because I have a story I’m working on to submit. It’s not strictly a romance, but the later books in the series are. :-\

2. Angie December 27, 2007 at 5:58 PM #

I’ll answer here and then there as well, but really “romantic elements” is the key. As long as there’s romance (and slightly more than a token romance, lol) then it’s fine for us.

3. ilona andrews December 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM #

:whispers to self: I can do romantic elements…

:sneaks away:

4. Angie December 27, 2007 at 7:46 PM #

:whispers to self: I can do romantic elements…

:sneaks away:

Tease.

5. Nonny December 27, 2007 at 10:03 PM #

Damn. The particular story I was hoping to submit to the psychic powers antho is urban fantasy, but no romance (it’s a prequel to the rest of the series, and the lead hero of the series doesn’t come in at this point of time in her life). Ah well. *sigh*

(And if you ask why I don’t just submit the book with the hero, it’s because it was previously published and I know you guys don’t take reprints. :P)

6. Marcia December 28, 2007 at 9:54 AM #

Wow. It amazes me how fast you guys react to the ever-changing publishing world. That’s going to speak leaps and bounds to your longevity. With NY “swallowing up the competition” by signing more and more e-book authors, building up the company makes a lot of sense if you want to survive in this business.