7 Responses to “For Doctor Who fans”

1. Laura February 27, 2008 at 8:39 AM #

What are the Sarah Jane Adventures? Does anyone know if that’s any good? I just finished watching the first season of Torchwood. I really liked it. I find Doctor Who a little too corny, but Torchwood has some great plot lines.

Laura’s last blog post..KIB last check-in

2. Dawn Montgomery February 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM #

Sarah Jane Smith used to be a Doctor Who companion (for the third and fourth doctors). It is a spinoff. Sorry for the outside link, Angela: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures

If you ever watched the old Doctor Who episodes, she was the one with the robot dog K-9.

*huge nut*

Dawn

Dawn Montgomery’s last blog post..5 Sordid Facts about Dawn

3. Kim Knox February 27, 2008 at 11:29 AM #

The Sarah Jane Adventures are more children-based than Doctor Who. It actually has children in it, for a start. There’s not much crossover with Doctor Who and thankfully very little K-9… 😉

I think we get the new series of Doctor Who at Easter. Yay. Voyage of the Damned was our Christmas Day special. *smug* hehe

I’m liking the second series of Torchwood. It’s proving *so-o-o* much more fun that the first series. Though I want more James Marsters.

4. Jen February 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM #

That’s the best news I’ve heard all day! (does that officially make me pathetic?)

Thanks for sharing.

I SO wanted my very own K-9 when I was a kid…

Jen’s last blog post..Wallpaper

5. Robert Gregory Browne February 28, 2008 at 10:21 AM #

I’m one of those idiots who didn’t discover Dr. Who until recently. Yes, I’d heard of the show — who hasn’t? — but had never given it a look.

Boy, did I fall in love. And the news about the Sci-Fi Channel is definitely good news.

6. Angie February 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM #

I’ve literally been watching Doctor Who for as long as I can remember. I remember my mom watching it every Sunday, while we folded laundry in front of the TV. I adore Tom Baker and I actually own the Key of Time episodes. But I can’t stand Sarah Jane. Never have been able to, so I won’t be watching her series.

On the other hand, I’m hoping this second season of Torchwood continues on and doesn’t jump the shark like they did near the end there in season one. It was so promising and then…bleh. But I am loving it this year!

Robert, I love to hear of new converts to Doctor Who fandom. You’ll have to give Torchwood a try as well!

7. Ann February 28, 2008 at 11:29 PM #

Dr. Who and Torchwood are both on my Netflix list.

Ann’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen- The Mystery Edition