6 Responses to “It’s quiet here”

1. AshleighRaine Jen March 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM #

I’ve been reading the free ebooks Tor has been sending out weekly. I finished Old Man’s War by John Scalzi and loved it. Now I’m in the middle of reading Spin by Robert Charles Wilson and am loving it as well. These TOR freebies are working because I’ve already gone out and purchased a couple other titles by Scalzi, and I imagine I’ll be doing the same with Robert Charles Wilson as well. I would never have picked up either of these books or authors before–this is not a genre I normally read (sci-fi w/minimal to no romantic subplot and told only from the male POV), and I’ll admit I don’t read a lot of male authors–however I now recognize what I’ve been missing and will be spending more time searching out books like this in the future. Since you like character driven books, I think you’d really enjoy Old Man’s War, and probably Spin as well.

AshleighRaine Jen’s last blog post..Ghost Hunting

2. Mandy M. Roth March 6, 2008 at 4:02 PM #

Grimspace’s cover and blurb are awesome and I think I’m going to go for it (adding to my Amazon cart now). I’m setting aside my aversion to first present tense because damn, this book sounds great!

3. Anne March 6, 2008 at 4:28 PM #

I read Strangers In Death and Grimspace as well. Loved them both. Ann Aguirre totally rocks! I don’t enjoy many first person stories, but hers I absolutely adored.

You bought Fire Study? Sigh, I suppose I’ll have to break down and buy it too… I AM the one who blogged about it after all, but then I have to re-read, at least the second one for sure. It’s not a hardship at all because the books rock, the only problem is time… I don’t have enough of it!

Glad you’re feeling better, Angela.

Anne’s last blog post..One Tree Hill …

4. Jorrie Spencer March 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM #

I’ve got to pick up Grimspace and Driven. (I put those together because I think they’re the same imprint, though maybe I’m wrong about that.)

Last week I whipped through Ally Blue’s Untamed Heart, a total pageturner, highly recommended. Yesterday I read Patricia McKillip’s The Book of Atrix Wolfe which is heavy-duty fantasy with very understated romance. Change of pace for me with its world-building and magic, and I really liked it.

Jorrie Spencer’s last blog post..All About Samhain

5. Lisa Shearin March 7, 2008 at 8:36 AM #

So glad to hear you’re having fun reading Magic Lost, Trouble Found! You’ll have to let me know what you think when you finish.

Take care!
    Lisa

6. Ann Aguirre March 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM #

Yay! I’m so happy you liked Grimspace. Thanks for all the kind words.

Jorrie, it’s not the same imprint as Driven. I write for Ace; Eve Kenin writes for Shomi, but I could not be more thrilled to be put in her company. I gave Driven an A+++.

Ann Aguirre’s last blog post..Ah, the glorious intertubes