11 Responses to “I’m leaving on a jet plane…”

1. May April 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM #

You can do it. Trust me on this.

I managed to pack away most of my life into two suitcases last year, and I’m going to pack about half of it again back into a suitcase when I go home in the summer.

Layer up, and those vacuum seal bags? They are amazing.

Mays last blog post..Alan Campbellโ€™s Interview up tomorrow!

2. Megan April 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM #

You are the queen of travel! And just wear all black, all the time. I do, and I can fit everything into one suitcase.

See you in SF! Maybe for more than a brief chat?

Megans last blog post..Perspective, With Pictures

3. Tez Miller April 30, 2008 at 11:01 PM #

I live in Melbourne ๐Ÿ™‚ I may not be able to afford attending the conference, but do keep us updated on whether you’ll be organising a group to go out for coffee or something.

Enjoy Australia, and have a lovely day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tez Millers last blog post..The 7 Books I Read in April

4. Michelle (MG) April 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM #

I’m with May – you can do it! I’ll be at Nationals and hope to see you there. Are you going to the Diva dinner?

Michelle (MG)s last blog post..7 Things I Dream About

5. Karen Erickson April 30, 2008 at 11:37 PM #

Wow you’re a jetsetter. I don’t like the new luggage restrictions either. Luckily enough I’m driving to SF but next year…ugh.

But I have faith. I’m with everyone else – you can do it! ;;)

Karen Ericksons last blog post..Naughty & Spice Day!

6. Michelle B May 1, 2008 at 3:49 AM #

I bought my airline tickets to the Lori Foster get together last night! I’ve planned to go since January, I just kept putting off buying the ticket.

As for packing…I am the queen of over-packing. I was okay with one checked bag when I went to Costa Rica in 2003, though. And I was known on that trip as the person who had everything!

I look forward to seeing you at Lori Foster’s event in June!

Michelle Bs last blog post..New House Pictures!

7. Anne Douglas May 1, 2008 at 8:00 AM #

I’m heading to NZ in a month. August will be cold, so remember to pack warm!

Anne Douglass last blog post..A new sale

8. Annmarie May 1, 2008 at 9:16 AM #

I have so many hair supplies that I MUST check one back and carry on a small bag. There is no effen way that the small amt of allowable carry on liquids could tame the savage beast that is my hair.

For big business conferences, I UPS my evening ensembles and other crap to the hotel. That way I don’t have to lug it through the airport. It will await me at the desk and a nice bellman will cart it up to my room. I then write off the UPS cost on my taxes.

Annmaries last blog post..Danny and Mr. Whiskers

9. Anni May 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM #

Woohoo! I’ll see you at Lori’s event in June!

Annis last blog post..I CAN HAS WII #!!

10. Angie May 1, 2008 at 10:01 AM #

May: Ha! You have clearly never seen me pack. I’m the “what if I want to wear something different” queen.

Megan: Yes, please. Let’s plan a time to get together for drinks/coffee/gossip when it gets closer and we both know our schedules.

Tez: I will definitly do that. We haven’t thought that far ahead yet, but it’s a great idea, if there’s time in our schedules.

MG: Yes, I will be at the Diva dinner. I’ll be the one looking overwhelmed and lost ๐Ÿ˜›

Karen: see you in SF! I drove to RT and it was so nice not having to worry about luggage restrictions.

Michelle: It’s my first LF event so I’m excited about it. I love the smaller conferences because I feel like I get to seem people for longer periods of time.

Anne: I bought my “conference” clothes for NZ and Australia this winter. Most conferences happen in the summer so I was glad to be able to buy some cooler weather clothes.

Annmarie: Soul sisters. I think we’re soul sisters. I’ll be you travel with as many shoes as I do.

Anni! Squeee! Really? Oh yay! I’m so excited ๐Ÿ˜€ I haven’t seen you in AGES!

11. May May 1, 2008 at 10:18 AM #

Angie, Angie, Angie, when I packed for Prague last month, I packed for two weeks even though I was just going to be there for one. You can fit everything into one bag. One good trick is to bring tops and bottoms when you can and mix and match them.

Mays last blog post..Alan Campbell: Iron Angel