7 Responses to “40 million dollars, Twitter and caffeine”

1. Ember July 7, 2008 at 11:36 AM #

I’ve quit caffiene a half dozen times, going as long as two weeks sometimes, and then I crawl back to it in utter exhaustion.  Usually in the form of an energy drink (I’ve got 16ozs of Jolt Ultra sitting by my elbow as I type).  I love soda water – looked at buying one of those machines that will carbonate tap water, so I could make my own even – but some days I don’t think I would get out of bed without something to give me a boost.So let me know if you really get back to that caffinated level of energy without it.  Maybe I just need to try harder?

Embers last blog post..11 Hours, 4 minutes, 20 seconds

2. Laura July 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM #

With 40M, I’d buy a yacht. Nothing too large but something that can cross the Atlantic. I’d hang out in Miami one month, Mexico another, then maybe I’d hit the Mediterranean. Sure, I’d still write. But instead of researching a new locale, I’d be there.

Lauras last blog post..Contest Results and Cool Stuff

3. Chris Redding July 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM #

After I wrestled some of it from my husband because he would want to invest it all, I would buy my dream car, a Porsche 911 to my exact specs. (Yes with the Whale Tail that my husband would find showy). I’d build a garage to keep it in because you can’t drive it in snow.
    I’d buy a house on a lake near a small airport. My husband a plane so he could fly me and the kids there whenever we want.
    I’d pay someone to clean my house EVERY week instead of every month.
    I could go on for hours. Sigh

4. Charlene Teglia July 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM #

I think you remember the last time I quit caffeine. I was comatose. So if you’re just bitter, you’re way ahead of me.Will follow you on Twitter. We can help support the Fail Whale with massive tweeting.If I had 40 million, I’d pay off all debt and buy a house with some property. And a car that ran on alternate fuel. I’d fund libraries and schools and keep writing books.

Charlene Teglias last blog post..A blogging writer is like a fish?

5. Angie July 7, 2008 at 4:17 PM #

Well, the thing for me is that I really wasn’t taking in that much caffeine, so it would be like me giving up my one cigarette I have 3 or 4x a week on my porch at night. Not quite the same as quitting 2 packs a day cold turkey.

And Charli, So if you’re just bitter, you’re way ahead of me. It’s hard not to be some days, and that sucks.

6. Julie Cohen July 8, 2008 at 4:47 AM #

I gave up caffeine for a few years and it made me feel much better after the first couple of weeks.  I was more rehydrated so I had lots more energy.  And I slept better at night.Of course now that I’ve got a toddler, caffeine is my lifeline.Juice mixed with club soda is good for you and fizzy too.

Julie Cohens last blog post..back from the conference

7. Annmarie July 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM #

I SHOULD give up caffeine.  It would suck.  So much sucks already.  I don’t know if I could add another suckish thing to the suckpile that is my life.

Annmaries last blog post..Back to School Sewing