7 Responses to “TBR day: Sookie Stackhouse”

1. Alyssa September 17, 2008 at 11:41 AM #

I have more patience with Sookie than you do, but I am getting tired of all the men. I wonder where Harris is going to go with the relationship, but I’m guessing it won’t be to Eric, no matter how much we want it.

Bring on the Eric. 🙂

Alyssas last blog post..Finding Paradise

2. Bev Stephans September 17, 2008 at 2:47 PM #

I’ve been reading the Sookie books since their inception and I like all of them…..some more than others.

Charlaine Harris also does another series that I enjoyed more than Sookie. That is the Lily Bard series. She only wrote 5 books in the series, but they are very compelling. You might want to try the first one and see what you think of the book. The title is, “Shakespeare’s Landlord”.

3. Jana J. Hanson September 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM #

I don’t know if I’ll read any more Sookie Stackhouse books. I’ve kept up with each new release, only to feel like Sookie might be TSTL (especially from Book 6 on). The fact that she has a new love interest in each book also annoys me.

That said, have you been watching True Blood on HBO? The series based on the books. I LOVE it!

I do like Ms. Harris’ series with Harper Connelly (Grave Sight, Grave Surprise, An Ice Cold Grave), so I hope she writes another Harper book soon.

4. Eve Vaughn September 17, 2008 at 7:10 PM #

I read the first three books in the Sookie Stackhouse series as well, and have the rest in my TBR pile and kind of felt the same way. But I still like them. Sookie has a hypnovagina. Didn’t you know? If you like a lot of action in your paranormal check out the Vampire Huntress series by LA Banks if you haven’t already. It’s awesome.

5. Kailana September 18, 2008 at 8:00 AM #

I really need to read this series! I keep looking at it but never picking it up…

Kailanas last blog post..Don’t Bet on the PrinceL COntemporary Feminist Fairy Tales in North American and England – Edited by Jack Zipes

6. Jessica Kennedy September 18, 2008 at 3:40 PM #

I love the Sookie series!Also, it’s a new series on HBO! It has only aired two times so you’re not too late to see how the story unfolds via a TV show.I agree though. Can’t she settle down with Eric and be happy? She’s just jumping around from man to man not really making any progress with her sex life.

Jessica Kennedys last blog post..FREE E-books! From Tor.com

7. AngeloftheOdd August 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM #

I tried reading the first book and I couldn’t get past page one. I dislike first person narrative to begin off with but I hate characters that I can’t identify with or at least feel sympathy for. She starts off going on about her long blond hair and perfect hourglass figure and how pretty she is….and that was it for me…I knew she was going to be a Mary Sue from there on out.

On the positive side, True Blood is really good if you can ignore Sookie and Bill =P