12 Responses to “This little piggie went wii wii wii all the way home…”

1. Kelly Maher September 20, 2008 at 9:27 AM #

I lurve my Wii!! Still haven’t found the Wii Fit, yet, lucky you! Just be careful. I haven’t played in over a week because I got gamer’s thumb from playing Mario Kart too much. I have, however, unlocked almost all of the bonus levels/characters/carts/bikes that you can just by playing the grand prix level.

2. TarotByArwen September 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM #

Mario Kart is a blast! You need to buy extra wheels (I think you can play up to four) but we got one of the 10$ ones and it works just fine.Love the Sports. Who knew I was such an amazingly competent cyber athlete.I want the Fit though. @madebymark has been raving about how much weight he’s lost using his!

TarotByArwens last blog post..Tarot in Nine Words: The Emperor

3. Karen Erickson September 20, 2008 at 10:51 AM #

Hi my name is Karen and I’m a PRO Wii bowler…

We played bowling with the kids every night before bed all summer. I finally had to quit cos it aggravated my carpal tunnel something fierce. Sigh. I really want a Wii Fit so consider yourself lucky!

By the way the boring baseball (I agree it’s boring) my 4 yr old son plays has made him quite an accurate hitter. He played a game last night at a little school festival we went to and everyone was impressed. :blue:

I’ve rambled on enough now. LOL

4. Throwmearope September 20, 2008 at 11:49 AM #

Better use a little caution.  There’s a syndrome we’ve nicknamed Wii shoulder in the med biz.  It’s an overuse of the shoulder and can take weeks to heal up.  Build your shoulders up gradually. That said, I luurrve my WII–we got one of the first ones because of my geekie kids.  They’re moving out, but I’m keeping the Wii.

5. Nicole September 20, 2008 at 1:01 PM #

I love the boxing, too.  So much fun.  ANd I like the Wii Fit.  Yeah, it’s probably tame for those who are actually in shape, but it works nicely for me.  Oh, you need to rent Rayman Ravin’ Rabbits.  It’s a hoot.

Nicoles last blog post..Personality quiz (otherwise known as "look at the cute kitty")

6. Amy September 20, 2008 at 1:33 PM #

Yay on the Wii. I love my Wii. That baseball on Sports is a pain in the butt.

I heard that Mario Galaxy was fun for kiddies, I’m either getting that or Mario Go Kart for Christmas for my rug rats.

Wii Play is also muay fun. Cow Racing, Fishing, tanks. It’s all good. :tigger:

7. Angie September 20, 2008 at 2:08 PM #

I ended up picking up Mario Kart at Sam’s Club and will probably get an extra wheel (one of the cheap ones) on Amazon since I have Prime.

We do have Wii Play also, it came with the Wii, but we haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I’m hoping Brianna can “fish”.

Nicole, that rabbit game was on Amazon for $10 yesterday so I bought it. Actually, it was the second one. But I figured that was the cost of renting two games and well worth it!

Throwme: I know a lot of people who’ve gotten injuries playing the Wii, from overexerting themselves (thumbs, wrists, shoulders). I’m guessing no other game system can be attributed with so many injuries!

I’ll have to report back in after I try out the Wii Fit.

8. Holly September 20, 2008 at 3:36 PM #

I’m super jealous of your Wii Fit.  I’ve been trying to buy one for months, but haven’t found one yet (not at a reasonable price, anyway).I kind of suck at Boxing, but I kill at Tennis.  About a month after we got our Wii (last Christmas), MM and I spent 72 straight hours playing Super Mario Galazy.  72.Straight.Hours.  It was absolutely ridiculous.  And really fun.  😛

9. Holly September 20, 2008 at 3:40 PM #

Galaxy, not Galazy.  *headesk*

10. Sela Carsen September 20, 2008 at 5:50 PM #

The first time we played Bowling on the Wii, I pulled a muscle in my butt. :doh: LOL!!

DS loves his Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart games. I totally don’t get them. I mean, I suck bigtime at them.

We picked up the Tiger Woods golf game and I like that.

11. TarotByArwen September 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM #

That made me lol Sela. My housemate pulled a butt muscle playing Wii baseball. We’ve gotten a lot of giggle mileage out of him referring to the limp as “that old baseball injury.” hee

TarotByArwens last blog post..Tarot in Nine Words: The Emperor

12. Lynne September 22, 2008 at 8:12 PM #

I am SO going to get a Wii Fit when it’s too cold to swim anymore. I may have to spring for a fencing game, as well.And all these others y’all are talking about sound so fun! Too many to choose from. 🙂