157 Responses to “Holiday Hell Day 9”

1. Caffey December 10, 2008 at 2:18 AM #

For the holidays, we just do one gift exchange between the four of us now for a few years and I remember when we first did that and added in more fun, such as watching some holiday shows and playing some board games. With my two children (young adults) and my hubby and I, playing scrabble, we would be laughing so hard because hubby would be cheating making up words and sometimes we’d challenge him and find out they were indeed words! That first Christmas we had to make some changes but we got so much more with the laughter, that we look forward to doing it again!

tbranxiety (at) yahoo (dot) com

2. Dianna Fryer December 10, 2008 at 2:20 AM #

The best Christmas present I ever got had to be the stereo I got from my parents as a teenager. During that time in my life my dad had been in a nasty accident and was consequently unemployed due to serious injury. So knowing my mom took what money we had to purchase it meant a lot to me.
    Dianna

3. blackroze37 December 10, 2008 at 2:52 AM #

my granmother got a an outfit ,like howdy doody
    and actauly thought it was pretty and i would loveeeeeee it

4. aliquis December 10, 2008 at 3:08 AM #

Hm – worst Christmas present ever is going to be my choice… (so I was little). My pet goldfish of … 5? years died – and my parents took away the gameboy they gave me. I’d wanted one FOREVER – they finally caved… looked at the screen, decided I’d ruin my eyes, and returned it.
    And didn’t get me anything else. (Not even a replacement fish. Sad.)

For the best… oh a number of things 🙂 Hardcover collectible books, clothes, toys – I’ve had good years for sure.

5. Carrie Taylor December 10, 2008 at 3:10 AM #

My best Christmas present came early 2 years ago on this date it was the birth of my third child. A week before my birthday and 2 weeks before christmas who could ask for anything better.

6. Cynthya December 10, 2008 at 3:37 AM #

Worst present–“granny” panties three sizes too big. But they were from my grandmother, so I didn’t really mind (she meant well.)

Best present–my sister gave me a weekend away with my husband to a romantic mountain cabin, complete with fireplace and hot tub.

7. Juliet December 10, 2008 at 8:01 AM #

My most memorable present was the year I discovered I was pregnant with my daughter, a couple of days before Christmas and on Christmas Eve we share the news with all the family and celebrate.
    My worst would be from a male relative that always gave equal presents to my sister and me when we were kids and most of the years were ugly ornaments and we got them in pairs.