14 Responses to “TBR Day: Anne Bishop’s Dark Jewels books”

1. Meljean December 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM #

“I found myself wondering about these characters, what had happened to them and their descendants, if they managed to stay “free”. It’s a testament to the author’s skill that I thought of them long after the story was over.”

=THE SHADOW QUEEN 🙂

I’ll have a lot more to say about TSQ nearer the release date, but that was one thing I did a happy dance over — I’d always wondered about the family after THE INVISIBLE RING, and some of those answers are in the upcoming book.

2. Kerry D. December 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM #

I love these books. Hmmm, a reread before The Shadow Queen comes out is an excellent idea. I had already considering rereading at least The Invisible Ring, but maybe I could fit in all of them? Maybe? If the current TBR doesn’t collapse on me and kill me first.

3. Bree December 17, 2008 at 7:20 PM #

which, interestingly enough, was named as a favorite re-read by someone in the Holiday Hell contest

Ha. So guilty.

I’m an Anne Bishop junkie in the worst way. I love fantasy and urban fantasy, and there are a lot of books that I’ve had for years and have replaced with new copies because sometimes books suffer from being dragged around in my purse or backpack. But I have purchased so many copies of Anne Bishop’s books over the years! The only other author that even comes close in my well-loved book category is Melanie Rawn.

I can’t wait for Shadow Queen. I have enjoyed all of Anne Bishop’s books, but none as much as the Black Jewels Trilogy. And I’m dying of jealousy over here that you’ve got it. 😀

4. Isabelle Santiago December 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM #

It’s funny that you brought this up. I’ve eyed her Black Jewels trilogy for a long time but could never come across someone who’d actually read them. I’m a huge fan of dark fantasy and these are being bumped to the top of my TBR pile.

5. Fedora December 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM #

Hmmm… I don’t think I’ve ever read any Bishop–sounds like I’ll have to give her books a try! Thanks for the recommendation!

6. Kristen December 17, 2008 at 7:39 PM #

I’ve heard so much about these books. I guess it’s time to give in and buy them. lol

7. Nalini Singh December 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM #

You have an ARC of TSQ?! 😯 Prepare to be mugged!!

8. Karin December 17, 2008 at 8:26 PM #

I’ve never heard of these books before, but they sound like something I would enjoy reading.

9. Dana Marie Bell December 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM #

LOVE the Dark Jewels trilogy! I’ve got TSQ on my TBB list.

10. Ann December 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM #

I love the first four books. I haven’t read Tangled Webs yet, so I’ll have to get caught up. (and I’m seriously jealous over the arc) :xmas:

11. Nonny December 19, 2008 at 2:40 AM #

The Black Jewels books are my top favorites, ever, period. I adore them so very much.

Unfortunately, Bishop’s non-Black Jewels books aren’t nearly as good. The Fae series was downright disappointing, and the Ephemera duology, while good… well, I found the background setting much more interesting than the actual characters and story. They just never came alive for me like the Black Jewels did. I’m exceedingly glad that she’s been writing in the Black Jewels universe again, because that really is where her strengths lie.

12. Jane A January 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM #

As said by other commenters, I’m coveting your ARC of Shadow Queen 😎 . I’ve been rereading the exerpt on Anne Bishop’s website and March seems much too far away. I’m eagerly waiting to hear what you have to say about TSQ.

13. Ashley March 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM #

black jewels trilogy, what can i say, i’ve read it, what is it, 6 times now, and i don’t see myself getting tired of it anytime soon!!

i mention it to my friends and no one has a clue what i’m talking about.. and that’s sad, very sad…

the website i got them from doesn’t have the last few books and that pisses me off. so, i don’t know what happenes after the last story in dreams made flesh, so i’m only to there…

but still, good book series…

14. Angie March 14, 2010 at 6:54 PM #

Ashley, the last few books are readily available in both print in ebook formats for sale, I don’t know why you shouldn’t be able to find them. Unless the website you refer to is a pirate site, in which case, why not support the author if you love the books that much and buy the last few?