18 Responses to “Looking forward to 2009”

1. MJ January 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM #

I’m looking forward to Nora’s new book, Black Hills, and her new Vision in White series, Susan Elizabeth Phillip’s new book, Larissa Ione’s new Demonica books, Robyn Carr’s new Virgin River books, my friend Tricia Mills’s new YA, Heartbreak River and her Harlequin American, A Family of Her Own, Beth Andrew’s new Superromance, Meg Benjamin’s Venus in Blue Jeans, and Jennifer Crusie’s Dogs and Goddesses.

2. Tez Miller January 2, 2009 at 7:04 AM #

Will you tell us about Ilona’s Samhain story, please?

Have a lovely day! 🙂

3. Charlene Teglia January 2, 2009 at 8:19 AM #

With you on Bujold, Briggs, Cole, Harrison and Andrews. And Kelley Armstrong. And it’s possible that will be all the reading I get done in 09. It’s going to be a busy year.

4. Annmarie January 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM #

I have a huge pre-order list at Amazon. It’s sorta scary how big it is.

5. Charlene Teglia January 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM #

*head desk* Forgot there will be new Darkyn books out. I’m sure to have forgotten others. This is why I just put them in my Amazon cart. Mind like a colander.

6. Kailana January 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM #

I am really looking forward to Patricia Briggs, myself! It takes too long for her books to come out. There are a few others that I want this year, but that is my priority.

7. Kristen January 2, 2009 at 9:41 AM #

I wish I got paid to read.

8. Angie January 2, 2009 at 9:54 AM #

Well, at least your book purchases are tax deductible, Kristen!

9. Kym January 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM #

If you’re looking for good contemporaries, I’m going to second the nom for Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series, beginning with Virgin River. And I’m also really looking forward to the third book in Lisa Kleypas’s contemporary series, Smooth Talking Stranger, which is due out March 31.

10. Dena January 2, 2009 at 12:19 PM #

I’m looking forward to the Sookie book too. I just started reading Kim Harrison’s Hollow series, I’m on book two so I need to put her next book on my list as well. I’ can’t wait for Christine Feehans Drake sisters and Carpathian books. Bertrice Small’s next book in the Hetar series is also at the top of my list. Karen Monings next Fever book will seem like an eternity before it’s released next August too.

11. Angie January 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM #

Tez: Silent Blade is a short novella futuristic romance. We don’t have an official blurb yet, but it’s not set in any of Ilona’s current worlds. It stands all on its own and it’s fabulous, like everything she writes!

Kym: Based on the recommendations here, I just sent samples of Virgin River and Sugar Daddy to my Kindle!

12. Kym January 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM #

Oh yay! I hope you like them.

13. Karin January 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM #

That’s a great list of books!

I don’t have a huge list of 2009 releases yet since I’m still working on making sure I have all of the 2008 releases first, but there are a few I’m looking forward to: THE DARKEST WHISPER by Gena Showalter (Book 4 in her Lords of the Underworld series) and all three books in the Eve series by SJ Day.

14. ilona andrews January 3, 2009 at 6:00 PM #

Fixed.

15. Angie January 3, 2009 at 6:11 PM #

I saw! All the updates look great.

16. Kat January 4, 2009 at 8:55 AM #

Queen of Song and Souls is out June 2. Was that the CL Wilson book you meant, or is there a 5th book as well? (I need to know so I can adjust expectations. I am soooo looking forward to the knowing how the story ends.)

I really want to do the Paranormal 999 Challenge with wacky categories, but I’m just not sure my friends and I can get through 81 paranormals in one year.

17. Angie January 5, 2009 at 9:34 AM #

That’s the one, Kat. I don’t know why I couldn’t find the title/release date. Thank you!

18. Robin January 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM #

I love Pioneer Woman’s take on the Romance novel with her real life story. I usually hate that kind of thing, but with her it’s entertaining and self-deprecating in all the ways her overall online persona is.

Also, I love her chicken casserole recipe!