12 Responses to “Friday Confessional 1-30-2009”

1. Isabelle Santiago January 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM #

I hope Brianna gets to feeling better soon. Being sick is the worst. ESPECIALLY when it involves vomiting.

I’d rather be unable to speak and move from a high fever and achy body than vomit. It’s one of the worst things to do/watch/feel/ you name it in the whole WORLD. Gross.

2. jmc January 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM #

Hope Brianna feels better soon.

Saw the bacon explosion on Yahoo!’s main page yesterday or the day before — it was simultaneously fascinating and repulsive. Yum, bacon and sausage, but omg, how much fat was that? Also, the quote from one bbqer about the chemistry of microwaving vs. bbqing and the effect on flavor made me giggle. Practical science!

3. Kristen January 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM #

Seems like everybody I know has a sick kid or is getting over something themselves. I wonder if there are some new virus strains out there attacking everyone?

Thanks for all the great links. There are a couple of blog posts I’m off to read…

4. Phyllis D January 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM #

I hope Brianna feels better soon. The flu is the worst, especially for little ones.

5. Lauren January 30, 2009 at 3:57 PM #

Aww, poor Brianna and poor momma. Hope she’s better soon so you can both get some rest. I hate it when my kids puke. I can’t deal but it always happens when my dude is traveling or at work for some reason. blerg.

6. rebyj January 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM #

I hope Brianna gets well soon! I’ve been thru that with 4 kids before. ack! Pedialyte popsicles were a lifesaver at times.

Love the friday confessional linkage!

7. Penny January 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM #

Hope Brianna gets to feeling better soon, poor thing.

I can handle all the vomit in the world but sputum and snot will send me running to the closest bathroom, just thinking about it makes the bile rise.

You should make and donate a backpack like the VB one you copied.

8. Ann January 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM #

I hope Brianna gets better soon, so you can get some rest. Great list o links,and I loved the pictures. Have a great weekend.

9. Doug Knipe [SciFiGuy] January 31, 2009 at 12:50 AM #

Thanks for the link The Zemanta mention is interesting.

10. Karin January 31, 2009 at 3:12 AM #

I hope Brianna starts feeling well soon. That kind of illness definitely drains everyone around as well.

I’m with you on not liking puke or maggots. I haven’t yet actually puked because someone else around me did, but I have definitely gagged quite a lot when dealing with that kind of situation.

11. Michelle January 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM #

I had to stop reading this post to go read the “Funniest Complaint Letter” and I’m still laughing. I hope the kiddo is feeling better by now!

12. Dena February 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM #

Poor little thing, I hope Brianna feels better real soon.

My Mom was a nurse and everyone would always ask me when I was little if I wanted to be a nurse like my Mom when I grew up. My answer was always NO! She told me a lot of stuff she seen and did and it was not in the least appealing to me to ever do or think about if I had to. Thanks for all the info.