12 Responses to “January reread challenge”

1. Kendra January 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM #

I love Devil’s Bride. I find myself going back to that book too, although not as often. I have reread Julie Garwood’s Historicals SOOO many times. I love them. I also “feel” the happily ever after in those books. (The Bride, Saving Grace (absolute favorite), The Clayborn series. )

My first Nora series was “Born In”. I remember feeling so sad that the series was over. I wanted to keep reading about these sisters. I still come back to them often too.

Thanks for the post today. I was finally able to unpack some of my keepers. Going to raid the book shelf…

2. Amy January 31, 2009 at 4:00 PM #

I rereading Twilight.

It relaxes me because it’s just like candy for my brain, and since I’m in deadline heck I need the hour of just zoning out and relaxing.

3. Renee January 31, 2009 at 4:48 PM #

This was one of my favorite historical romance reads last year! (I’m a little behind the times.) Usually, a book will seem to favor either the hero or heroine as to who is more compelling, but Devil’s Bride was really well balanced in this respect. Both Honoria and Devil were great fun to read about. I also enjoyed the “mystery” part of it, which made the story a little more complex.

4. Erin January 31, 2009 at 5:55 PM #

oooh, thanks, Angie! How did you know I’d be interested in this post? lol

As much as I love the vampires, historicals are probably my favorite, if I had to choose.

I’ll definitely check our your recommendations! weeee!

5. Joan January 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM #

I’ll take the vampires. :mrgreen: I like to reread JR Ward’s Brotherhood series.

6. Kris January 31, 2009 at 8:24 PM #

I felt the same way about the Kitty books. I loved them initially and then later, not so much.
    I have not read Devil’s Bride in a few years. But I remember liking it alot. I think i might even own it, I will have to look. Great re-read material. Glad you are part of hte challenge, it is a fun one. 😎

7. Ann February 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM #

I haven’t tried Stephanie Laurens’ books yet, but she is on my list of to be read. At the moment I’m working on getting more of the books I got at RT last year read before going to RT this year. 🙂

8. ms bookjunkie February 1, 2009 at 7:07 AM #

Okay, I just added Stephanie Laurens to my ‘check it out’-list. (I’ve heard/seen her mentioned elsewhere but finally got around to doing something about my interest.)

Looking over my January reads list, I only found two rereads. One was JD Robb’s Ritual in Death (from Suite 606) -I *always* reread JD Robb- and the other one was Lorelei James’ Long Hard Ride (which I reread right after I finished glomming through it the first time. BTW, :thanks: Angie :loveyou: !).

I miss my rereads! I’ve been buying so many books lately that I don’t have the time to reread, which is a darn shame. I’m thinking of cutting back on my book buying, so as to have the time to enjoy what I already have, but interesting new releases keep coming out, and my internet bookstores keep coming up with deals and sales that I just *have* to take advantage of. Oh, well, maybe for Lent*…

*But, really, I should do what I can to help the economy revitalize and help feed my favorite authors so realistically, I *have* to keep buying books. 🙄 😉 :bat:

9. Jenn February 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM #

I always hear such fabulous things about Stepahnie Laurens and I’m sad to say I have never read her books.

Mostly because I’d be playing catch up, but I’m rethinking that decision. I know her series is like 14 books long, but I’m going to have to take the plunge.

10. Karin Shah February 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM #

I loved the Stephanie Lauren’s books, though I’ve fallen out of reading Historicals. My favorite books to reread are: The Harry Potter series (re-read it all the time), The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley, the Heart Books, by Robin D. Owens and the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, mostly Zarek and Valerius’ stories and Unleah the Night and Night Play. I don’t like the later stuff with hanging plot threads as well as the more HEA ones, though I still run out and by the new ones the minute they hit the stores.

11. Kelly Maher February 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM #

I *love* re-reading Devil’s Bride. The other book in that series that I adore is Gabriel’s story, A Secret Love.

12. Mariana February 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM #

I felt the same about the Kitty books. I struggled through the first and still haven’t begun reading the second. I thought I’d wait awhile to start over, but so far no good. So many people were raving about the books though, I feel I should give them another chance; but with so many good new ones this year (and the introduction of a few really good authors), I don’t think I’ll get to it anytime soon 🙁

My re-reads for every month: Julie Garwood’s historicals, Shelly Laurenston, Nalini Singh and the In Death series. I re-read any (or all) every month.