6 Responses to “I’m going to go…”

1. MB (Leah) February 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM #

First, I can’t imagine that ever happening to you. And second, that’s where the cocktail part of cocktail party comes in. Keep them coming. :celebrate:

2. Bree February 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM #

Whaaaa! Tease! I am not allowed to have my Adam fix until I meet deadlines. 🙁

I hate having to have self-control when that little “Start reading Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) on your Kindle in under a minute” thing is taunting me.

3. Karin February 3, 2009 at 11:11 PM #

That is exactly why I don’t like cocktail parties. I have gone to a few and, because I’m a pretty bad introvert, I always end up in the corner or at one end of the room watching everyone else and wishing I could leave.

4. Rosie February 4, 2009 at 2:19 AM #

I’m always afraid I’ll end up standing in the corner with no one to talk to for two hours. Very scary stuff.

You are so personable and have so much aplomb in person, I can’t imagine this would happen.

5. Annmarie February 4, 2009 at 9:25 AM #

I haven’t gotten my copy yet. *sob*

I am the same at cocktail parties and the truth is I HAVE been in the corner w/no one to talk too.

6. Lori February 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM #

I’ve often said that if hell is customized for each person mine would be one of 2 things–stuck in traffic on the 405 in LA with no radio & no air conditioning or a cocktail party that never ends. I’m such an introvert that it’s really difficult for me to strike up conversations with strangers. I’ve definitely been that odd woman in the corner hovering with no one to talk to and praying for enough time to pass that I can just go home. Alcohol doesn’t really help because I just get really paranoid that I’ll say something totally stupid.