8 Responses to “NYC Day 1”

1. Annmarie February 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM #

As a teenager I announced that someone should make a musical using ABBA songs. Sadly, I haven’t got to see the movie OR the musical. Thanks for reminding me that I should.

Have fun, be safe and wow ’em!

2. Shelli Stevens February 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM #

I love ABBA music (and take some flack because of it). The movie was pretty good, great visual eye candy. I’d love to take in the show some day!

3. Kristen February 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM #

I love and miss the city, having gone to school there. And now I really think I need to see Mamma Mia (the movie, at least.)

4. Amy February 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM #

I love Mamma Mia. I’ve seen it live and have the movie, but nothing beats live theater.

5. Lori February 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM #

My daughter is a Batman fanatic. Any chance you could share your Batman story? (We’re both Mamma Mia fans and do in-car singalongs with it all the time).

Hope you keep having fun!

6. Megan February 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM #

I love going to things by myself. I don’t get much of a chance, but two times I recall are when I saw Brokeback Mountain and House of Flying Daggers. Awesome times, both of them.

See you soon!

7. azteclady February 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM #

Did you get your luggage?????

(Yeah, I’m a worry wart mom, that’s what got me–sorry)

8. Laurie February 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM #

Is it still Louise Pitre doing the lead role in Mamma Mia? I saw her in Toronto when it started here (before NY stole her and she won the Tony, LOL), and she was fabulous. I’d love to see it again.

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I can’t imagine it would come close to the experience of seeing it live and singing along with the crowd.

Glad you made it to NYC safely 🙂