10 Responses to “Kindle 2.0 initial impressions”

1. rebyj February 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM #

It’s great to read your observations on it. I’m leaning more and more toward the Sony myself. Do techy people put out hacks/ mods for Kindle like they do every other electronic gadget? Hopefully some firmware adjustments will come, many people are disappointed about the file management from what I’m hearing.

2. Annmarie February 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM #

Yeah. Still haven’t received mine. You have TWO Kindle and I have none. WHAT is up with that Mr. Amazon man? Not that begrudge you the KindleS. I just want mine. *weeps*

3. Shannon Stacey February 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM #

And yes, I did say I won’t be using it.

Hey, I’ll take it! :giggle:

So I’ve asked this question in about a gazillion places and I’m not sure if nobody knows or if I’m invisible or what. I know people put manuscripts on them and it has a thumb keyboard. Can you input text to the document, or is read only?

4. Angie February 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM #

Annmarie, previous Kindle owners were sent the first wave of Kindles, I guess as a bonus for being an early adopter. But your account should have an estimated ship date.

Shan, yes, you can input annotations and highlight in the document. Same with the Sony 700.

5. Angie February 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM #

Rebyj: I haven’t seen any hacks for it, but that doesn’t mean they’re not out there, only that I didn’t go looking for them. Though I haven’t heard of any, either.

6. Shannon Stacey February 26, 2009 at 8:26 AM #

Maybe I should have bought a used Kindle 1.0 instead of this POS little Asus. Hell, I think I’ve written more using my iTouch’s notepad than I have on the Asus.

7. MarnieColette February 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM #

Thanks for the review. I think that for now I am going to stay with my Sony reader (quite addicted to it.)

8. Jessica Kennedy February 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM #

Nice review.

Why do you have it if you’re not going to use it? That just baffles me. Why? Because I have, use, and LOVE my Kindle 1. I wanted to get the new one but hubby about flipped out when I said I ordered it. He canceled my order. :cry:

I would love to get the new one but, alas, I will have to wait for # 3.

9. Angie February 26, 2009 at 1:08 PM #

Why do you have it if you’re not going to use it? That just baffles me. Why?

Because this is my business and being knowledgeable about the devices is part of that business :) If I’m not knowledgeable about them, how can I answer questions about them, make recommendations, talk with any authority on the subject or let people actually hold and try them when traveling?

10. Kelly March 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM #

I know I’m way late on this topic and you may have answered this question in another post. Of all the ereaders you have, which one do you use the most?

I’ve seen the both of the Kindles and have fallen in love with the fact that you can buy straight on the Kindle. But I order from other places (i.e. Samhain). As I understand it those purchases will have to be done on the computer then transfered. So in those cases it won’t really be any different than my ebookwise.

Still trying to decide as I read from my ebookwise. :D