60 Responses to “What can Twitter do for your pitch?”

1. Traci March 30, 2009 at 11:52 AM #

What a great exercise! Here’s my pitch for my YA fantasy novel Digo Bait (still a working title):

Jaeron, a young brave, must learn to use the Songs of Power instead of might and muscle to defeat his enemies and save his twin brother.

2. Eva Ulian March 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM #

Twitch for Novel No 2 THE RELUCTANT NOVICE

Irene found herself a Novice in a Convent without choosing to be. Was this human manipulation or was God really calling her?

3. Jody W. March 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM #

Ok, you twitchers are having so much fun, I want to try one!

Untitled Paranormal Romance:

Alpha male werewolf will do anything to escape the shackles of leading a pack, including elope with his sworn enemy, a sexy lady witch.

4. Allure Van Sanz March 31, 2009 at 12:07 AM #

Lion’s Share Twitch

Jayna’s safari tour goes horribly wrong, and all that stands between her and a bloody end is a pair of woman-starved lion shifters.

M/M/F

5. Jeanne St. James March 31, 2009 at 12:18 AM #

Still playing with this Twitch idea. What a challenge.

For my menage Double Dare:

Angry that she just wasted the last five years on her loser boyfriend, she falls into the arms of another man… and his male lover.

6. Jennifer R. March 31, 2009 at 2:12 AM #

Ooh, fun! I want to play, too–though I don’t have a website or blog to share just yet.

For my budding baby, Triple Threat:

A jaded workaholic burnt out on the search for Mr. Right starts to think there may be safety in numbers….

Or perhaps:

A big job takes a strong man. And another, and another….

7. Shawna April 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM #

How much do you owe the enemy who saves your life?

I know, I know, it’s a question, but it really does sum up the book.

8. Jessica April 2, 2009 at 2:06 AM #

Okay my turn! ::clears throat::

On the run and out of cash Angela becomes a maid for a sexy dom. As the past threatens she must choose. Lose her freedom, or gain much more?

9. Crista April 4, 2009 at 5:26 PM #

Here’s my Twitch for Once in a Coyote Moon:

Two brothers hunt for the White Buffalo with their shape-shifting guide. Romance, magic, and mythical beasts in the Wild West.

10. Ali June 4, 2009 at 7:29 AM #

I can’t really participate because I am not that far yet and things tend to change on me in the middle when I least expect it. Those darn characters and their “mind of their own” syndrome! But I did want to take a second to say that two of these made me actually stop and open the author’s website in a new tab and explore further. I wanted to read those books based on a tiny twitch. lol That proves how powerful this idea really is. Twitter if VIRAL MARKETING at the simplest level.

Do follow some previous advice and leave room for “RT @yourusername” though, or else you #twitchfail.

ps I’m not sure who it was, but Cullen might be a bad idea for a character name right now with the whole Twilight phenomenon right now (especially if their are vampires in your story)