9 Responses to “Just call us the Griswalds”

1. ErinW April 7, 2009 at 10:55 AM #

Angie, just the title of this post made me LOL! I love that you’re staying so positive, despite all that’s gone wrong. I’d probably be crying by now!

Did you go north and avoid WV??

I hope the rest of your trip is uneventful and that Brianna gets to see her grandparents SOON!

2. Shawna April 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM #

Great outlook. I’ve found it’s always better to look at these things as ‘adventures’. If you’re going to laugh about it one day and say ‘remember when’ you might as well do it now. That said I’m so glad your guardian angels were following. Yes. It could have been worse.

I hope the rest of your trip is uneventful.

3. azteclady April 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM #

You have the best attitude ever. Here’s sending you good travel vibes!

4. T. Anne April 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM #

Sorry Angela! But honestly it sounds a lot like my family trips as well although you can multiply the “are we there yets” by four lol!

5. Melani Blazer April 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM #

If it HAD to happen, at least it was in a decent enough area with the things you needed nearby.

You better have at least waved when passing through NW Indiana. I’d be hurt if you didn’t. :ohsnap:

Hope the rest of your trip is uneventful, at least in the negative way.

6. Kristen April 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM #

How awesome everything worked out so well. Glad y’all are safe and sound.

7. Louisa Edwards April 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM #

Take it as a gift! If you have to be stranded someplace, Chicago is a great option.

8. Heather April 7, 2009 at 10:03 PM #

Now I’ve got that dang NL Vacation movies song running through my head…thank you very much!!!

But…glad it turned out to be not terribly awful…and hey…you’re near a Lush store…go girl..have a blast….have you introduced Brianna to all the lovely Lush stuff? 😎

9. ms bookjunkie April 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM #

Just goes to show that attitude makes the difference between an ulcer and enjoying your life. (Seriously though, gotta appreciate those guardian angels. They must have been working overtime!)