11 Responses to “Informal call for submissions”

1. M.A Gonzales June 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM #

I have a wonderful christmas themed story I would love to submit to you. The idea of it was a very short novella that had been published three years ago and not to long after that the publisher had gone out of business. The name of the novella has been changed and the work has been reconstructed and revamped and has turned into a different setting and I have since made it longer. There are similarities to the previous work but not entirely kept the way it had been created all those years ago. Can I still submit this novella to you for consideration?

M.A Gonzales

2. Angie June 17, 2009 at 9:36 AM #

Hi M.A.

Thanks for your interest in submitting, but we don’t take previously released work from authors who haven’t previously contracted new material with us.

3. stacey agdern June 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM #

Angela-

This is a great opportunity :) If you want to get the stories contracted and scheduled by July, when would you like the submission by? I’d love to submit a Chanukah story and would very much like to know if I had enough time to put it together

Stacey

4. Angie June 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM #

By the end of July, Stacey. I’ll be finalizing my December schedule during that time.

5. Selena Blake June 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM #

I’m finishing up a sexy paranormal Christmas story at the moment and wanted to make sure our definitions of novella match up. Did you mean Samhain’s novella length, which I believe is 18k or are you wanting 25k minimum? Thanks!

6. Angie June 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM #

Hey Selena, you can always find our lengths here if you’re curious: http://samhainpublishing.com/about

But all I am concerned with is a minimum 18k. Thanks for asking!

7. L July 5, 2009 at 7:10 PM #

Hello,
    I would love to submit a novella if you’re still accepting, but would like a clarifications just to make sure I’m following your specifications:) :

-> Can it be _any_ holiday (even the ones not that don’t typically come to mind first such as Earth Day) or would you rather it be holidays in/close to December (ie: Christmas, New Years)?

-> The novella can fall into any sexual heat level/character pairings, right?

Anything you could clear up for me would be wonderful! Thank you!

~L

8. Angie July 6, 2009 at 8:15 AM #

I’m looking for “Christmas” holiday time of year. Even if it’s not Christmas. They’re being released in December so something that puts people in the holiday cheer frame of mind.

I’ll probably accept subs until the end of July, and then will need to set my schedule.

And yep, any heat/pairings is fine.

9. L July 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM #

Thank you!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. » My mission, should I choose to accept it… - June 14, 2009

[...] got a new call for submissions out. A holiday-themed novella. Around 20K. By the end of [...]

2. Editors Fill Holiday Holes Via Twitter | READNOVEL - June 17, 2009

[...] did something similar today via her blog and via Twitter: an informal request for holiday-themed novellas for Sam Hain (distant cousin to Sam My Links Don’t Break When the Book Comes Out). According [...]