7 Responses to “I Wish…My Food Photography Looked Like This”

1. Danie Ford December 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM #

I wish I could help you. I’ve done some good food shots and some not so good food shots. More on the latter side so when I post about food or even crafty stuff it tends to be sans photo.

The good food shots have been with my SLR camera where I can play with the settings, aperture and use filters. Though I’ve had luck with my digital camera it’s been hit or miss.

2. Annmarie December 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM #

I just did a food blog entry with photos. Very boring photos compared to that one!

3. Lyvvie December 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM #

I think a lot of food bloggers use light boxes to get the lighting just right. You can make one yourself and have it counter-top sized. Have a google and see. There are several DIY light box builds to try. You can then take pictures just like the pros.

4. Lyvvie December 13, 2009 at 5:46 PM #

Here’s the link I used when I built one. (Took me a while to dig it out, sorry)

5. Allison December 21, 2009 at 9:00 PM #

Early morning window light. I think it is the best thing ever for food photography.

6. Angela December 21, 2009 at 9:04 PM #

*sigh* I was afraid of that. If only I didn’t have a job that insisted I be working in the morning, instead of photographing and cooking. Hmph 😉

7. sraikh December 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM #

Angie, natural light, no flash, sometimes(mostly tripod) should ensure better results..
    Just turning flash off would be a big wow