8 Responses to “12/13-12/19 Weekly Menu”

1. Tara Marie December 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM #

This column each week has really been a great idea. We have an incredibly busy week coming up and to think about a menu plan has been good way to avoid take-out:

Sunday: Fish and Chips
    Monday: Pasta, meatballs/sausage
    Tuesday: Cub Scout Christmas Party
    Wednesday: German style pork spare ribs
    Thursday: chicken and rice
    Friday: leftovers
    Saturday: stromboli/calzone/pizza

2. Jane December 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM #

I’ve eaten almost solely take out last week. I think we’ll have

Sunday: ham, potatoes, broccoli salad
    Monday: pulled pork sandwiches with left over potatoes and green beans
    Tuesday: curry
    Wednesday: stir fried vegetables
    Thursday: eat out
    Friday: pizza
    Saturday: who knows!

3. Danie Ford December 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM #

Sunday (today): Broiled Salmon and a garden salad
    Monday: Vegetable Soup
    Tuesday: Chopped Salad and Baked Potatoes and any left over soup
    Wednesday: Chicken and Beef stir fry
    Thursday: left overs
    Friday: Orzo with veggies and grilled chicken breast
    Saturday: Meatballs and salad (if there is any more lettuce and veggies left)

4. Kristi December 14, 2009 at 10:30 AM #

Congratulations on finding Penzeys. I found them online maybe 10 years ago, and then found that they have a store in my city. I spend way too much every time I go there, and by golly, every dime is SOOO worth it. Their spices actually have flavor!! I am so ruined for grocery store brands now.

I highly recommend their Extra Fancy Vietnamese Cinnamon. If I had to give up my Penzeys habit, that’s the one I would miss the most….

5. Gail Shelton December 14, 2009 at 11:06 PM #

Oh my. My Sunday was very busy (two Christmas parties), so I didn’t even Think about food till now. Oh! And my crock pot died! I am in mourning. (Will see what Santa brings before I go get another.)

Monday: Catfish & frozen french fries. (Only when I pulled out what I thought was catfish, it was chicken. I cooked it like I would have cooked the fish.)
    Tuesday: RWA chapter party – Guys are on their own. (I thought this week was last week, and got my parties mixed up.)
    Wednesday: Out of town-Guys are still on their own.
    Thursday: Two parties in one night- 1 is potluck–will probably take salsa & chips again, because I’ll be coming back to town from parents’ and won’t have time to cook.
    Friday: Landry’s
    Saturday: Carne guisada (may switch w/Friday)
    Sunday: Chicken alfredo

I am Determined to get to Landry’s for dinner (& their shrimp fresca) before the coupons expire! I’m going to keep putting it on my menus till I drag the fella there.

6. Katherine C December 24, 2009 at 8:06 AM #

Hey nice schedule! heres mine.

sun: pizza
    mon: chicken n rice
    tue: ??????
    wed: leftovers/eat out
    thu: christmas party
    fri: more christmas
    sat: ?????????

im nancys kid and im 10. i enjoy cooking,baking and crafting! 🙂

7. Katherine C December 24, 2009 at 8:15 AM #

(Hi all, My daughter loves cooking at crafting and wanted to comment on your site) Hey nice schedule! heres mine.

sun: pizza