12 Responses to “These are a few of my favorite things”

1. Katie December 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM #

Where I come from, you usually find the KitchenAid mixer on the bridal registry. I decided there was no way in hell I was waiting however long that would be (still not dating anyone that seriously), and I bought my first and current one as a “going away to grad school” gift to myself a little over 8 years ago. It’s the introductory model, so I’ll probably upgrade either as a 35th birthday present to myself or when I get married, whichever comes first (likely that 35th birthday). I’ve been a fan of KitchenAid since I was three. No joke. That’s when my mom got hers, and it’s been a steady workhorse ever since.

Also, I adore those slow cooker liners! They’ve been a godsend for cleanup, especially when I do the roast for my pulled pork.

2. Tina December 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM #

My new fav kitchen essential is my large silicone colander. Similar to this: http://www.target.com/Norpro-Silicone-Knockdown-Colander-Blue/dp/B000V8EWLY

It folds flat so it fits in my skinny cabinets and has pull out handles so it rests on any size sink.

Love It.

3. Annmarie December 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM #

I love my KitchenAid mixer. I’ve had it for almost 14 years and it’s still going strong.

I bought the crockpot liners but my DH started freaking me out about cooking my food in plastic.

My kitchen must have is my convection oven. I love it so.

4. anny cook December 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM #

Love my food chopper and my tupperware shaker. I’m marginally attached to my favorite knife.

5. Jusy December 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM #

I own two of your favs — Kitchen Aid mixer and crockpot. I bought the two when a home goods store was going out of business. These two items have been sitting in my basement for over 9 years in their original box.

The only one that has come of the basement is the crockpot. I think reading about your plugs about the crockpot made me finally unearth it. So far, I’ve only made braised short ribs, twice. Gotta go dig out the slow cooker cookbook I know have among my many cook books.

One of these days, the Kitchen Aid will come out.

6. Annmarie December 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM #

Jusy, I feel so sad for your poor Kitchen Aid. She’s so lonely down there in the basement. Bring her up. 😛

7. Nicole December 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM #

I love my Artisan series KitchenAid mixer, though someday I might upgrade.

My Silpats are another thing I love and use anytime I bake cookies.

8. Bev Stephans December 31, 2009 at 10:31 AM #

My wooden spoons are my kitchen essential. I have about 8 of them and could use a couple more. You don’t have to worry about the finish of the pan if you always use a wooden spoon. As far as cleaning goes, I pop them in the dishwasher.

9. Kristi Lea January 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM #

I love my kitchenaid also, and I’ve been drooling over a professional one like your link at Sams club. But the 5-quart “heavy duty” one keeps on chugging. Luckily, they can be repaired when you bust a gear (I want one with metal gears some day…)

Love my All-Clad pans. Totally worth the investment. Oven proof. Dishwasher proof (essential if you let someone else “help” with the cleanup). Steel wool scrubbable. Mine are not decorative. Not in the slightest.

10. Katie January 4, 2010 at 2:33 PM #

Kristi Lea, I totally want a set of All-Clad one of these days. My mom has a few pieces and I adore cooking with them when I’m at home. She and my dad use Bar Keeper’s Friend powder cleanser to clean them (http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/). Right now, I’ve got a set of Calphalon which I really like, a Le Creuset slow cooker that I haven’t quite figured out how to use yet (I got it at TJ Maxx & couldn’t pass up the deal), and a Le Creuset skillet (Xmas pressie!!) that I’m looking forward to breaking in 😀

11. Christine January 7, 2010 at 8:55 AM #

Love my crockpot, but couldn’t live without my hotplate. So much nicer for pancakes, eggs, grilled sandwiches, toasting, and what not than a griddle. Perfect for taking along short trips where you want to make homemade breakfast out of the cooler rather than get dressed and find a cafe (or brave continental hotel fare) to eat.

12. Meadowlark January 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM #

Love my Pro600 kitchenaid. Love the mini-bowl insert that allows me to do small quantities. Can’t wait for the silicon-wiper-blade paddle attachment, but it’ll wait til I’m employed again.

Kitchenaid ROCKS.