8 Responses to “1/3-1/9 Weekly Menu. The first of the new year!”

1. Linda January 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM #

Hi Angela- your meal plan sounds good. I also do a weekly meal plan in Excel to combine with shopping list (my nocturnal husband does weekly shop at the 24 hr. Harris Teeeter- so it helps to give him list organized by grocery aisle)

Mon We’re eating apricot salmon, white rice & edamame

Tues will use leftover rice to make veggie fried rice

Wed is ordering pizza & I’ll make a salad
    Thurs is veggie enchiladas
    & Friday I’m gonna grill some big ‘ol kosher Rib eyes and mash some potatos.

Have a good week!

2. Jaci Burton January 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM #

Grocery store today since we’re out of food. Will make chili tonight. Stroganoff recipe looks good. Might try that later this week. Am going to make vegetarian Mexican lasagna this week, probably BLTs for an easy meal one night, and a giant batch of homemade chicken noodle soup because we ate the last of the frozen batches over the holidays.

3. Angela January 3, 2010 at 12:02 PM #

Oh, I need to try that Mexican lasagna. Hm. Standby idea for this week! You could do a guest post on Thursday with that recipe…

Also, I need a better chili recipe. Share yours.

4. Shawna Kennedy January 3, 2010 at 12:15 PM #

Today is my clean-out-the-refrigerator day, but later I will be going to the grocery store so my menu isn’t quite planned yet.

It’s absolutely slow cooked roast weather (with potatoes and baby carrots). I’ve also been looking at some new bread recipes I’d like to try.

Mexican pizza.

Soup (I haven’t decided which kind yet)

And I think I need to try the slowcooker chicken stroganoff. I love slowcooker recipes.

5. Tara Marie January 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM #

I’m clueless this week. Tonight it’s pork tenderloin–the rest of the week is a crap shoot. Chili sounds good, maybe it’ll make it into this week’s menu.

6. Annmarie January 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM #

My husband and I don’t like chili that’s all brown and thick. *shakes head* Nope. We like chili that is all festive and un-chili like.

I brown hamburger w/a chopped onion. Drain grease. Add 3-4 cans of Rotel diced tomatoes w/chilies, 2 cans of yellow corn (drained) I big can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained), lots of chili powder, salt and pepper. Sometimes I add cumin. Sometimes I don’t. I let this cook and meld then I dish it over rice, add cheese and dig in. Sometimes I use this over nachos.

I’m at Mama’s til she feels better so no cooking. She has ‘help’ right now that cooks since she’s ill.

If she gets better and I go home, I’ll make some pinto beans and cornbread one night. Soup (tomato based since I have a bunch of home canned tomatoes to use) another night. And maybe a beef roast if I have time.

7. Jaci Burton January 4, 2010 at 9:23 AM #

My chili recipe is the most boring one on the planet. But we love it. Mexican Lasagna recipe is actually Larissa Ione’s from The Write Ingredients cookbook, but always happy to share. It’s awesome. 🙂

8. Keira Soleore January 5, 2010 at 10:05 AM #

This is the first time I’ve ever done this. One night down, six more to go.

Mon:
    Indian toovar veggie, daal, rice

Tues:
    Pasta Night: ravioli, red kidney beans, and steamed broccoli

Wed:
    — Mansaka Danish Casserole and roasted red pepper soup

Thurs:
    Zucchini-Potato Bake and French Bread

Fri:
    Leftovers

Sat:
    — Brunch: Far Breton, Olive & Walnut Stuffed Potato Bites, Edamame, Snap Peas
    — Black-eyed Peas, rice, Roasted Apples

Sun:
    — Pancakes
    — Leftovers
    — Hubby Can Do Night (Pizza, Leftovers, Cook)