10 Responses to “Weekly Menu: February 7-13th”

1. Leigh Royals February 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM #

I never have a planned menu. We co-habitate with my MIL and she’s quite picky. Also, she’s the first to get home, and usually is too tired to cook, so she’ll get something quick for her and the kids. I try to cook the night before, but it’s almost always pork. My poor bored tastebuds. But I made sloppy joe’s yesterday, and we’re eating the left over meat today mixed in with rice and corn. Quite a nice tasty meal.
    I’ve got pork chops defrosting now. Thinking of boiling them down so I can pull it apart and bbq it. Seems right for the day.
    The rest of the week, who knows. It’s so hard to plan for the reasons I’ve mentioned but also because we don’t eat at the same time. (Sad, I know.)

2. Peach February 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM #

Today, making Brunswick stew in the crockpot. Later this week, london broil with caramelized onions.

3. Angela February 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM #

Leigh, if you did meals in the crockpot, whoever was home first could eat and keep the crockpot on warm, and then people coming home later could eat it. That’s what we do here, because my brother usually eats later than us. I don’t let that stop us from all getting meals at night. Planning ahead can help with that, especially because if you wait until you get home to think of something, you’ll almost always be too tired!

4. Sandi Sookoo February 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM #

LOL We had ham quiche last night.

I’m a menu planner as well. Saves time and money and it’s creative as well to see what I can do with what’s “on the table” so to speak.

Tonight, the hubs and I are having turkey. Yes, I’m roasting a turkey today LOL For the rest of the week, we’ll have turkey related menu items until it’s gone or we’re sick of it LOL

Probably Thursday or Friday, lasagna is on deck. I’ll make my own tomato sauce for this and divide it into three containers, one of which will be turned into bbq sauce 🙂

Have a great one!

5. Angela February 7, 2010 at 1:00 PM #

Peach, what’s Brunswick stew?

Sandi, I’m jealous of that turkey. I would LOVE to roast a turkey. I wish I’d bought some during Thanksgiving, to store in the freezer.

6. Lynn Crain February 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM #

I like your thinking. When I had both boys home, I cooked this way as well. It cut down on the stress of never knowing what to have when dinner came around.

Anymore, we seem to never decide just what is cooking until that evening. But since I’m doing a variation of the Flat Belly Diet, I’ve modified what I do by eating only 400 cal meals along with one of the listed MUFAs.

It’s an interesting way to eat and one everyone seems to enjoy. Still, I think I’d have more time if we’d just do the Sunday sit down to plan for the rest of the week. When the birdies leave the nest, it’s hard to plan for just two who are busy with work and life, coming together for a relaxing evening is more important than thinking about what to eat.

Lynn

7. Peach February 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM #

Brunswick Stew is an old staple I ate a lot growing up in the South. You could even buy it canned there, likely still can. I left the South and no one had ever heard of it…:) Here is a link to teh recipe I am using today:

8. Christine M. February 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM #

Sun: Meatpie + salad
    Mon: crispy oven salmon with rice
    Tue: burgers
    Wed: sweet and sour meatballs with veg on rice
    Thu: meat and cheese tortellinis with tomato sauce
    Fri: shrimp cakes & veg

9. Natasha A. February 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM #

Here is my meal plan:
    Sunday – Risotto with chicken and asparagus
    Monday – Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
    Tuesday – Steak Fajitas
    Wednesday – Leftovers
    Thursday – Sweet and Sour Meatballs and rice
    Friday – Take out (hopefully Chinese!)

10. Keira Soleore February 7, 2010 at 9:44 PM #

Mon: Indian Nite: Daal, Chana Masala, Rotis, Cucumber
    Tues: Shepherd’s Pie, Kale Blood Oranges
    Wed: Dinner Out
    Thurs: Frankies
    Fri: Okra Apricot Prunes, Leftovers
    Sat: Pasta with Artichoke Hearts Olives Feta Cheese Roma Tomatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Insalata Tricolore