10 Responses to “Weekly Menu: February 14-20th”

1. Gail D. February 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM #

I thought about menus for the week, because it really has been easier not having to think what to cook.

Tonight, we had spaghetti. (Used the last of the gluten-free noodles.) (We did Mardi Gras parades, not Valentine’s, so no V-day dinner.)
    Mon: Parmesan chicken fingers w/mashed potatoes
    Tues: Pork chops
    Weds: Mediterranean beef ragout (I’ve been trying to fix this for a while)
    Thurs: Chicken something
    Fri: Sweet & sour bratwurst
    Sat: There’s a Scout thing to go to-I think we’ll either eat out, or have take-out.

I want to know what chicken bog is.

• Angela February 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM #

Gail, chicken bog is a southern dish. I’d never heard of it until I met my husband. It combines rice, sausage, chicken, butter and cream soups into a thick rice dish that you eat with a healthy topping of hot sauce. Kind of like a jambalaya but opposite of that. My recipe is from my MIL, and it was very confusing when I first made it because it was so imprecise. When I make it this week, I’ll make sure I’ve got the proportions right and then share it here on the blog.

2. Keira Soleore February 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM #

Here’s what I’m doing. Dragged out some old recipes.

Mon: Friendship Bread, Meaty Macaroni Bake

Tues: States Inn Casserole, Baked Tomato Oregano

Wed: Indian Nite: Daal, Quinoa, Paneer Bhurji

Thurs: Indian Nite: Pav Bhaji, Methi Khakra

Fri: Leftovers

Sat: Crusty Potato Wedges, Asparagus Casserole, Couscous

3. dawn February 15, 2010 at 12:16 PM #

sunday – shrimp scampi
    dirty rice
    green beans
    tangelos
    cheesecake sopapilla
    white wine

monday – minestrone soup with bacon
    buttery cheddar herb biscuits
    spinach salad with kiwi

tuesday – meatloaf
    mashed potatos
    cauliflower in cheese sauce
    apple
    ice cream with homemade hot fudge

wednesday – garlic and herb (laughing cow cheese), spinach and crimini stuffed chicken
    mixed veggies (green beans, carrots, yellow carrots and red peppers)
    pears

thursday – leftovers

friday – mahi-mahi
    rice stuffed bell peppers
    grapes
    diet soda cake

saturday – goulash
    corn
    bing cherries
    apple juice

sunday – french dip and spicy mustard
    spagetti squash with parmesan cheese
    strawberries and cream

4. Angela February 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM #

Wow, Dawn, I’m a little jealous of dinners at your house. Okay, a LOT jealous!

5. dawn February 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM #

it sounds a bit nicer than it is. nothing takes more than 20 minutes prep time. 🙂 it is usually very easy to throw together.

6. Kristi February 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM #

I just want to know how you convinced your Y to do free parents night outs…Ours charges like $15/kid, and with 2, its about the same as hiring someone.

Anywho.

Sunday-(V-day + hubby’s birthday) Grilled steaks (hubby did it..in 4 inches of snow…and they were divine), baked sweet potatoes, salad, homemade thin-mint filled chocolate birthday cake

Monday-leftovers

Tuesday-Something in the crock pot. Probably chicken soup, but I’ll figure it out tonight before bed.

Wednesday-Kids choice, so probably hot dogs or frozen chicken nuggets

Thursday-Beef enchiladas (I want to experiment with corn & black beans in the filling).

Friday-We’ll decide when we get there. Depends on weather, friends, and the temperament of the kids.

7. Angela February 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM #

Kristi– it’s something they started about 2 years ago for members of the Y. They do it once a month, second Friday, from 6-9pm. And they don’t do it in the summer. They also offer a mom’s afternoon out service twice a month, same deal but from like 12-2 or something. I don’t use that, since B is at daycare, but I would have loved to have access to it when she was home with me!

8. Keira Soleore February 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM #

I want to eat at Dawn’s house. Nutritious, all the right food group, and delicious!! WOW!

9. Christine M. February 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM #

Sunday was: Shrimp cakes, Salmon cakes and Cheddar cheese puffs–soooo easy to make, I couldn’t believe it!
    Monday: Croque-monsieurs, bistro style
    Tuesday: Chicken and brocolli tagliatelle, with garlic cream sauce
    Wednesday: Rolled bacon/onion/cheese burgers
    Thursday: Asian chicken and rice soup
    Friday: Fettucini Alfredo (although, knowing the bf, he’ll want to order in and that’ll end up being Saturday night’s dinner but that’s all right)