7 Responses to “Weekly Menu: March 28th-April 3rd”

1. Danie Ford March 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM #

I’ve been going to culinary school. So my menu’s have changed. Trying to incorporate more of the things that I’ve learned in my classes.

Sunday – Smoked Apricot Salmon Fillets & Orzo Salad

Monday – Pasta with Grilled Chicken, Sauteed Vegetables, Olives and Smoked Mozzarella

Tuesday – Buttermilk Chicken Tenders & Homemade Onion Rings

Wednesday – Vichyssoise, Turkey Cutlet with Glazed carrots & Brussels Sprouts

Thursday – Steak Diane & Twice Smashed Baked Potatoes

Friday – Chicken & Broccoli Mac & Cheese

Saturday – Leftovers

2. Angela March 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM #

Culinary school? I am totally jealous! Are you going to pursue it as a career, or is it a hobby? Your menu looks droolworthy.

3. Kathy Schindler March 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM #

For Easter I am fixing Emeril’s Chicken Marsala. I have fixed it several times and it is very simple. It is all in the wine!

4. Danie Ford March 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM #

Angela – I’m pursuing it as a career. I got the opportunity to go back to school after losing my job due to the recession.

And for easter – we’re having a full menu –
    roasted chicken
    smoked ham
    turkey
    scalloped potatoes
    cornbread dressing
    7 layer salad
    greens – mustard and turnips
    green beans
    roasted carrots, onions & brussels sprouts
    rolls
    peach pie or peach cobbler
    chocolate cake or cheesecake brownies

5. Angela March 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM #

Road trip to Danie’s for Easter!

6. Deborah March 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM #

Sunday: Lasagna, salad, garlic breadsticks
    Monday: Beef enchiladas and refried beans
    Tuesday: crockpot Pot Roast, something that will stay warm till my daughter gets home late from her game.
    Wednesday: Pork Chops with…something. Maybe brown rice pilaf and roast veggies?
    Thursday: Another game night, so something that can be eaten cold: BBQ chicken breasts & potato salad.
    Friday: Good Friday…fasting, so probably a frozen cheese pizza or scrambled eggs.
    Saturday: probably go out to eat for Thai food.
    Easter Sunday: Spiral sliced ham with brown sugar glaze, my family’s favorite coronary-inducing twice-baked potatoes (with sauteed mushrooms, scallions, grated swiss, butter and sour cream), fresh asparagus, snowflake or potato rolls, and either carrot cake w/ cream cheese frosting or strawberry shortcake.

7. dawn March 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM #

saturday and sunday are the only days i will not be eating out. yay for restaurants! i’m hitting all my fast food favorites. 🙂

saturday – apricot-glazed pork loin
    roasted asparagus and red peppers with shaved parmesan
    sweet potato hash
    cottage cheese with bananas and chocolate
    blackberries

sunday (easter) – spiral-cut honey-baked ham
    homemade asiago rolls
    cheesy hashbrown casserole
    green bean casserole
    tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, basil and olive oil
    sauteed zucchini and summer squash
    sesame broccoli slaw
    deviled eggs
    red, white and blue jello
    pineapple