6 Responses to “Weekly menu 4/18-4/24”

1. LJNDawson April 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM #

Tonight – homemade pizza; mushroom and margharita. I put up 8 crusts – we’ll probably use 4 or 5 and I’ll freeze the rest. We’ll have cut up veggies – peppers, carrots, celery.

Monday – I made (and froze) this great whole wheat bread w/sunflower seeds that I’ll have for breakfast with some butter & salt. For lunch it’ll be veggies and hummus that I made with garlic and parsley, and possibly a squash and bean soup if I’m still hungry, with homemade yogurt. Dinner will be salmon on the grill, with polenta and more yogurt and chives from the garden (the only thing growing right now), and a tomato salad with parsley.

Tuesday – MOAR SUNFLOWER BREAD. And then the same lunch as Monday. For dinner, DH is in charge – if he went to Costco, it’ll probably be lamb chops.

Wednesday – Hard boiled eggs for breakfast. The rest of the day is unpredictable till dinner, in which case it’s salmon/polenta again.

Thursday – repeat Tuesday.

Friday – repeat Wednesday morning, and then I do a run to the Food Coop to determine the rest of the day/weekend/next week.

2. Christine M. April 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM #

Tonight: Alredo capellini with shrimps and parmesan (leftover)
    Monday: Salmon en croûte with rice and veg
    Tuesday: Pork chops with onion based-sauce and mash
    Wednesday: Mexican beef casserole
    Thursday: Rolled bacon burgers.
    Friday: Take out
    Saturday: Steakhouse galore!

3. Keira Soleore April 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM #

Christine, heh. Like minds. See what we’re having on Tuesday…

Mon: Leftovers
    Tues: Angie’s Mexican Casserole, Mexican Veggies
    Wed: Shepherd’s Pie, Irish Soda Bread, Pan-roasted Brussel Sprouts
    Thurs: Sarah’s Cashew Chicken, Broccoli, Rice
    Fri: Okra Apricot Prunes, Date-Walnut-Cheese Salad, Couscous
    Sat: Leftovers
    Sun: Leftovers

• Angela April 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM #

Keira, for the Mexican Casserole, make sure you follow the updated recipe. I had to edit it because Josh had made it the other night (following my recipe) and I realized after the fact I’d left out the taco seasoning, to season the beef with! You can do it without, but it’s not quite as flavorful. Also, I have an excellent recipe for homemade taco seasoning if you want it.

4. dawn April 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM #

monday – corn and broccoli calzone
    zucchini, tomato and provolone bake (from allrecipe.com)
    salad with walnuts and dried figs in a gorgonzola-honey dressing
    honeydew melon

tuesday – hot ham and gruyere sandwiches
    brussel sprouts with roasted garlic in a browned butter sauce
    yogurt
    clementines

wednesday – eat out at ‘buffalo wild wings’ (school fundraiser)

thursday – eat out at ‘tacos & salsa’

friday – left-overs

saturday – breakfast burritos
    ranch potato cubes
    pumpkin banana muffins
    strawberries

sunday – grapefruit-mint chicken
    asparagus with prosciutto and pine nuts
    blackberries

5. Keira Soleore April 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM #

Angie, I’m glad I came here before making the dish. The taco seasoning was very tasty. I didn’t have time to ask for the recipe of your homemade seasoning, but I’d love to have the recipe so when I make it again, I can use it. Thank you!!

Dawn, your grapefruit-mint chicken really tickles my fancy. Apples and pineapples are the only fruits I’ve tried in food so far. I recently made carmelized mint corn that was really delicious so I’m primed for mint recipes, if you wouldn’t mind sharing.