6 Responses to “Thursday reads: Steampunk!”

1. SonomaLass August 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM #

I bought LEVIATHAN in hard cover, because it is a physically beautiful book. Gorgeous endpapers, good illustrations. Also, I knew I’d need to loan it to my sons, and their friends. It was worth it; I can’t wait for the sequel.

I haven’t read the Patricia Wrede, but I’m going to. And I’m completely jealous that you have IRON DUKE already, because I wanted it in my hands the minute I finished “Here There Be Monsters.”

2. Ella Drake August 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM #

You already have The Iron Duke!
    I’m so jealous. I can’t wait to read it.

3. Suzan August 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM #

I’m so jealous that you have Iron Duke. I’ve been waiting FOREVER for that book.

I really liked Leviathan (I bought it in hardcover) and I can’t wait for the sequel. It is a really beautiful book. I could sit there and stare at the artwork for hours.

I’m definitely putting Patricia Wrede on my list of authors to check out. That cover is gorgeous too.

4. cories August 20, 2010 at 4:27 AM #

Yes, I heartily recommend “Leviathan” as well. The artwork is gorgeous (http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/grandmap.html) and the main characters are engaging. I can’t wait for the next one, “Behemoth”, to be out! I’m not a diehard fan of steampunk either but I love “Leviathan”.

5. Ann August 22, 2010 at 1:58 AM #

I recently read Soulless and Changeless by Gail Carriger and enjoyed both of them (can’t wait for the third, in fact). I’ll have to see about getting Iron Duke. Thanks for the recommendation.

6. Annmarie August 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM #

I have Iron Duke envy.

I added A Matter of Magic to my wishlist. Jane’s Coming Soon page killed my book budget til January. *cries at the unfairness of a budget for books*