13 Responses to “First day of kindergarten”

1. Annmarie September 7, 2010 at 9:12 AM #

She looks so adorable in her uniform. I bought the girl’s uniform clothing at Target. They were clearly marked School Uniform so I felt safe. (Now they have no uniforms and look like tiny MTV video stars.)

I love the goofy face. She is so expressive. I hope she loves school. I hope you come to love school too. :)

2. Jill Sorenson September 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM #

Aw! Such cute pics. My older daughter just started 1st. Younger is almost ready for preschool. How does time fly by so fast?!

3. Ginger September 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM #

You have my sympathy. I actually cried on my oldest son’s first day of school. Now he turns 21 in January.

It goes way too fast. Savor each moment.

4. Michelle Willingham September 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM #

I never thought I would cry when my son went off to kindergarten. I was going to be FINE, I told myself. I’m not a crier.

But when I saw the school bus leave with him on it, I bawled. Don’t know where that came from, but I know how you’re feeling right now. It’s not about them going off to school–it’s letting go of your baby.

Just know that they still need you, just as much.

5. Angie September 7, 2010 at 9:24 AM #

I don’t even want to think about how fast time goes. Eek!

And now Michelle has me tearing up again…sniff.

6. Lori September 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM #

She is so grown up! It goes by so fast. Enjoy every minute.

7. azteclady September 7, 2010 at 9:29 PM #

She’s so beautiful–and so joyful. Thank you so much for sharing these milestones with you!

8. Deloris Peek September 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM #

Great PIcs Angie thanks for sharing. We hope you, Josh & Miss B are doing well. You guys enjoy every single moment & take lots of pics while you can. They do grow up so fast. Take care!!

9. Shannon McKelden September 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM #

I know exactly how you feel, Angie! And just have to add…just wait until she graduates from high school…probably the most gut-wrenching moment of my life…watching MY little girl walk down that aisle all grown up. That was 3 years ago and it still makes me cry!

Geez, now I feel horribly old. And I’m not! Really! LOL

Thanks for sharing! B is beautiful and I hope she LOVES her school!

10. Kristi Lea September 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM #

Cute photos! Your daughter has a beautiful smile. The first day of school is so exciting. And I totally cried last year when we dropped our oldest off for her first day of Kindergarten.

My daughter (1st grade this year) also goes to private school with uniforms. I have decided that uniforms are wonderful. We have no fights in the morning about what is appropriate for school because there are no options to negotiate. And she will never experience the anxiety of what to wear on the first day of school (no matter what I chose, it always seemed wrong, and it always bothered me…) :)

11. Joe Robertson September 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM #

what a great Mommy and Daddy—she looked so excited and happy–a great start to school life…dont be sad be proud of yourselves!–great pics my friends

12. Mary G September 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM #

She has such amazing blue eyes. And that walking away pic & caption brought tears to my eyes.

13. Michelle (MG) Braden September 8, 2010 at 8:44 PM #

Totally a bittersweet moment.

And, wow, has she grown super tall! I remember photos of her when she was so much smaller. She’s a beauty!