8 Responses to “Weekly menu: 9/11-9/17”

1. Crystal September 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM #

This week we’re getting back to our meal plan – summer stuff has wreaked havoc on it – we’ve got a four week plan 🙂

There’s a bit of an adjustment because we’ve got a guest coming this week, but here goes:
    Mon – crepes (most of the family loves this meal so we actually have it every two weeks)
    Tues – chicken (MIL’s night to cook so never sure what form of chicken we’ll have or what sides will be)
    Wed – beef stroganoff
    Thurs – tacos

the weekend is a bit of a toss up as there are some birthday parties going on so I’m not sure what the evenings will bring.

2. Mary G September 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM #

We BBQ a lot too. We BBQ veggies alot as well. Everything tastes better from the grill. We’re a family of tennis players. Between the three of us, there’s a game almost every night. We try to prepare meals on the weekend for the week ahead because some nights we are barely home for 30 – 45 minutes before we have to leave again (that would be pizza night). Depending on the sked we have:
    Pasta – from homemade sauce (made in a huge batch & frozen in portions)
    Grilled sausages on awesome buns
    Chops & rice for my guys – I have shrimp
    Chicken caesar salad
    Pizza night

During the summer we eat more tomato salad. We grow lots of tomatoes, basil (lemon basil is my fave) & oregano.

I live in Canda (suburb of Toronto) & I’d love to know where you got your special butter chicken sauce.

• Angie September 14, 2010 at 8:38 AM #

Mary, I have to look at the jar. I can never remember the name of the restaurant, but it’s what prompted me to fall in love with butter chicken–and to actually create my own recipe. They had amazing food. I’ll post it here in the comments as soon as I remember to look at the jar!

3. Annmarie September 13, 2010 at 9:13 PM #

Monday: Salad with tomato/basil/provolone toast.
    Tuesday: Quiche & fruit salad
    Wednesday: Spicy Pork, salad, mexican cornbread & my SIL is bringing dessert.
    Thursday: Nachos w/leftover spicy pork.
    Friday: Eating Out.
    Saturday: Burgers on the grill w/all the fixins, chips, cookies (at the lake!)
    Sunday: Eating at Mama’s

4. Keira Soleore September 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM #

Yay on menus coming back. Hope you’ll return to your weekly menus on Whipped Out. We ate so much better because your menus would prod me into making up mine. This summer was more of a this ‘n that ‘n the other. I told my family, it’s all Angie’s fault, we aren’t eating so well these days.

• Angie September 14, 2010 at 8:37 AM #

Keira, we’re actually shutting down Whipped Out, but I’ll probably keep doing weekly menus here!

5. Keira Soleore September 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM #

Yum, crash potatoes. We’ve made them so many times after you first tweeted about them many, many moons ago.

6. Keira Soleore September 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM #

I haz a big sad over the closure of Whipped Out. Of course I understand since I bet it takes up time neither of you have to spare. But for us this was another great way to connect with you three. I’m glad you’re continuing the weekly menus here.