Well, in a long line of blogger rip-offs, I’m stealing this idea from Diana who stole it from Cece who swiped it from Steph. Of course, I use their first names as if I know them personally. I don’t. But I did visit their blogs and thought it was only fair to link back 🙂
At first, when I saw these lists, I didn’t think I would be able to think of one thing I’d done that someone else had potentially not done. I tend to not think of myself as a very interesting person. But I started this post and saved it so I could think about it, fill out my list, and come back to it.
Ten Things I’ve Done That You Probably Haven’t:
1. Saw the movie Men In Black with country singer Neal McCoy and his band.
2. Discovered a dead body (three days later in the 100+ degree Arizona summer)
3. Owned a pygmy hedgehog, 2 iguanas, 2 ferrets, and a chameleon (yes all at the same time)
4. Treated a patient with a true case of zoophilia. (he really, really liked horses. No Black Beauty posters allowed on his walls!) You don’t even want to know what he did with the horses…
5. Saw Ted Neeley, the original Jesus from Jesus Christ Superstar, perform the onstage version. (okay, maybe not that unusual but still a highlight for me)
6. Wrote for my local newspaper – at age 15.
7. Got evacuated from a town of 50,000 after a flood decimated the town (Grand Forks, North Dakota 1998)
8. Spent three days without power during a blizzard in a co-ed dorm where we couldn’t flush the toilets. Eww. (also Grand Forks, North Dakota 1998 – that was a tough year)
9. Kissed my daughter goodnight (I know I’m safe in saying that none of you kissed my daughter goodnight)
10. Gave birth to the most beautiful baby in the world (no arguements please, you all know it’s true!)
Whew! That was hard! I guess I haven’t led a very unusual life. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to go sign up to jump out of an airplane or swim with the sharks. I’d rather be boring than dead or maimed 😉