My mommy said your mommy was rolling her eyes this morning. I guess you wanted her to put milk in a cup with a lid so you could shake it and make butter. You’re so smart! The last thing your mommy said this morning was, “God forbid he finds an ice cream recipe.” Well, I think us kids should stick together so I asked my mommy to share her ice cream recipe. I don’t think your mommy will be too mad because it’s real easy to make and a fun summer project. You and the tall kid can make it together. And then you can eat it! Eat some for me because I can’t have milk so I can’t have this. My mommy said she’d try making it with soy milk for me, when it’s hot outside and we have the playgroup over. Anyhow, here’s your recipe. Maybe your mommy can take pictures. My mommy says she’s made this lots of times for special activities and it always turns out and it’s real easy–and I bet you even have the stuff do do it with already! Have lots of fun.
Hugs and Kisses,
What You Need
* 1 tablespoon Sugar
* 1/2 cup Milk or half & half (the creamier the milk or cream, the creamier the ice cream).
* 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
* 6 tablespoons Rock salt (it doesn’t HAVE to be rock salt, if you have Kosher salt or coarse sea salt, that works too).
* 1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
* 1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag
* Ice cubes
How To Make It
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
4. Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!
*Add sprinkles, nuts or a little bit of chocolate sauce when the ice cream is done.
*Add a bit of hot chocolate powder to make chocolate ice cream (don’t use chocolate syrup during the process because it makes it harder to get a solid product)
*I saw someone say they’d used fruit juice and gotten sorbet, but I haven’t personally tried it and don’t know how long that would take.
*try soy milk!
*try using chocolate or strawberry flavored milk