Sorry for the late posting, but I was so hoping to have this yummy cake recipe from the brunch today, but it hasn’t been posted yet. It was to die for. Instead, I’m posting a Thai chicken Salad recipe and a Loaded Baked Potato Salad, as well as a Weight Watchers Ambrosia Salad. All were at the brunch this morning and…yum!
Thai Chicken Salad
8 Split chicken breasts, bone in and skin on
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1lb asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1/3s diagonally
2 red bell peppers
4 whole scallions, sliced diagonally
2T white sesame seeds, toasted
3/4 C vegetable oil
1/4 C High quality apple cider vinegar
1/3 C Soy sauce
3 T Dark sesame oil
1 T Honey
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1t Fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 T White sesame seeds toasted
1/2 C smooth unsweetened peanut butter
2 t kosher salt
1 t ground pepper
To toast sesame seeds, place seeds in a dry saute pan over medium heat, swirl until slightly browned, about 5 mins.
1) Pre heat oven to 350″
2) Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub w/ olive oil. Sprinkle liberally salt and pepper ( I don’t use as much salt as the recipe calls for )Roast 35 – 40 mins, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
3) Remove meat from bones, discard skin and shred chickeninto large bite sized pieces.
4) In a pot of boiling water, blanch asparagus for 3 – 5 minutes, until crisp – tender. Then plunge into ice water, drain. (Today I used frozen, but it really is better fresh)
5) Cut peppers into strips about the size of the asparagus pieces. Combine the shredded chicken, asparagus and peppers in a large bowl.
6) Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and toss w/ chicken and sesame seeds.
BTW: For those of you doing WW I worked out that per large serving, ie, if you ate a whole chicken breast w/ dressing, it would be 6 points.
Weight Watchers Ambrosia Salad
2 boxes fat free Jello white chocolate pudding
2 cans mandarin oranges, not drained
2 cans light fruit cocktail, drained
2 containers fat free Cool Whip
Combine the 1st 3 ingredients in a bowl. The juice from the oranges will mix with the Jello powder. Fold in Cool Whip.
*1 cup = 2 points*
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
3 large baked potatoes, cold then peeled and cubed
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use the precooked kind)
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced and then chopped (green part only)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 dash celery salt or seasoning salt
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash paprika
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
1. Gently stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl using a large spoon then transfer to a serving dish and top with a little shredded cheddar, green onion slices and bacon crumbles to make a beautiful presentation.