2)A picture of Crissy and I at EPICon last weekend.
3) Yesterday morning, I was awoken at 5 am by something so horrifying and disgusting, I’m not going to tell you what it was. Just trust me that it was nasty and FOUL. Not the way I wanted to start my day, which didn’t improve tremendously.
4) I have a cold and am feeling pitiful. Actually, my throat is so sore, it may not be a cold but strep. I should probably go to the doctor. But maybe I’ll just be pitiful instead.
5) A picture of a typo I saw on a headline on Yahoo, that I saw the same day I posted the picture of the misspelled shirt (and wasn’t that a terrible run-on sentence?) If you click on the picture, it’s the headline post that starts with “Cricket…”
6) That Samhain Publishing is temporarily closed to submissions until probably July (with some exceptions, including pitching at conferences so sign up to see me!).
7) I didn’t tell you that I’m reading the dragon anthology submissions and I’m not going to make the announcement by the 15th (which is today) because I still have some to read. Being out of town put me waaay behind.
8) I’m getting a new laptop! I think I’ve picked out which one I want (I’m sticking with Toshiba because this one has been awesome) but now I’m going to wait and find a good price because I refuse to pay full price for anything. Except maybe milk and bread 😉
9) Yesterday the big news was that RWA is placing a hold on all publisher recognition applications that come in after March 9th, because they’re going to vote on new standards in July. Samhain applied prior to that so we’re just waiting to hear…
10) In case you haven’t heard yet, Heather Osborn from Ellora’s Cave is taking AG’s spot at Tor. Congrats, Heather! I think that’s way exciting!!
11) We got a depressing letter from the state about a problem with our 2003 taxes. Ugh ugh ugh. I hate taxes. Where can I move that I don’t have to pay taxes?
12) My parents (dad and stepmom) are coming to visit at the end of the month! I haven’t seen them in TWO years. They’ll be here for five days and I will be mostly offline during those days. I can’t wait for them to see Brianna again. They haven’t seen her since she was six months old. Quite a difference, eh?
13) I signed Brianna up for a “pre-school” at one of the local high schools. Tues/Wed/Thurs from 9:30 to 11:30 or something like that (two hours, three mornings). It’s only $35 for the session from November to the end of the school year. Well worth it to let the high school kids practice their skills on her 😉 She’ll still do daycare Mon/Fri but I’ll have a couple hours each morning to do errands or something (I’m thinking working out!)